Case 1740 uniloader

/ Case 1740 uniloader #1  

trialsguy

Silver Member
Tractor
YM226D
When I raise the bucket on my uniloader it will drop before it raises. As I first start to move the lever up it lowers and if I keep it right at that spot it will lower completely down until I move the lever past that spot. Anyone know if this is a adjustment problem or a worn out part problem?

Thanks
Bob

/ Case 1740 uniloader #2  
Maybe it has A float setting & that's where you stop it?

/ Case 1740 uniloader
I don't know maybe but it seems more like a dead spot right at the first part of the lift. The first part of travel is useless then I have to push it farther to raise. For example the other day I was trying to load a object that was rather heavy on to a trailer. I raised the object up so a trailer could be backed under and I needed to raise higher and as soon as I started the lift it dropped until I could move the lever far enough to get it too lift, which is a real pain when you don't have much wiggle room to get things loaded on a trailer without banging down on the trailer.

When you raise the bucket from the ground it will go up but it seems like it needs a lot of lever travel then once you have it up as soon as you try to raise it up higher it will drop until you move the lever farther to get it past this spot

Thanks for checking in with me on this\
Bob

/ Case 1740 uniloader #4  
You have a bad lift check in your control valve, it is very dangerous if it is not working right.

/ Case 1740 uniloader #5  
You have a bad lift check in your control valve, it is very dangerous if it is not working right.

I agree with this, except I thought they where called "load checks"

/ Case 1740 uniloader
I agree with the dangerous part, its not a death drop type deal but it does lower pretty fast, Doesn't bother me when I am moving dirt around because once I start the lift it raises, only notice it when I am trying to do something precisely like loading a engine on a trailer. Is this something that can be adjusted or rebuilt? I have fooled with valves a few years back when I repaired transmissions but I wanted to get some advice on where to start.

/ Case 1740 uniloader #7  
Hello Trialsguy, I'm near KC and I have a 1737. I've got a service manual if it would help.