1998 4400hst Help

/ 1998 4400hst Help #1  

L_Nicholson

Silver Member
Tractor
1998 JD 4400
I posted before with problems with the loader cutting down to half all of a sudden and so I changed the hydro fluid, filter and cleaned the screen which had particles in it. Everything was working great for about 4 hrs and wham.... as soon as I worked the loader on a grade I'm back in the same boat. This time a little worse. The loader won't even function and pull up.

I'm taking it to the dealer on Monday but thought I'd ask here as well. My opinion is either I'm betting more metal shavings from something inside or I didn't get all the junk out when I drained the fluid the first time. And if I'm getting more shavings where are they coming from....

Thanks
Lee

/ 1998 4400hst Help #2  
I'm not sure whats going on with it, is it not lifting and curling? Does your other hydraulic functions (3 pt hitch) work correctly and lift what they should? Have you checked all of the quick couplers for the loader? Debris can cause them to be forced open or closed and really jam up the fucntionality of double acting cylinders.

Keep us posted on what happens.

/ 1998 4400hst Help
Well... I got a call from the dealer today. They cycled all the cylinders and had no problems... go figure....

My guess is there was air in the mid mount cylinder that I didn't work very much... that's the only conclusion I can come up with.....

When I go and pick it up I'm going to try a thing or 2 at the dealer before loading it on the trailer and see.....

pretty weird....

Crashz.... it would curl but not lift and everything ran slow but the hyst.