BX 2660 Hyd Line Issue

/ BX 2660 Hyd Line Issue #1  

David_4

I have a BX 2660 with about 46 hrs on it. At 44 hrs I developed a severe leak where the fluid would actually spray out when I would activate the FEL or drive the tractor. The fluid was coming from between the nut and line. The nut was tight so I took it off and went to my dealer. They didn't have the line in stock, but took on off of another new 2660 they had in stock and gave me 2.5 gals of Super UDT. Close examination of the line showed a line on the inside of the steel line that ran about half way around and was about 1/4" down from the flair. This line turned out to be a crack. I put the new line on and everything was fine for about 1.5 more hrs when the same thing happened again. This time the line/crack only went about 1/4 of the way around. Both cracks were located under the fitting nut and there are no signs of impact on the line. I will call the dealer on Tuesday.

I was using the FEL pretty hard digging around a couple of stumps, but I would think the system would be designed to handle the pressures the pump develops if you stall the hydraulics.

Any ideas on what would cause this steel line to crack?

Attachments

• Kubota Hyd Leak    08-26-08 - 2.jpg
    Kubota Hyd Leak 08-26-08 - 2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 290
   / BX 2660 Hyd Line Issue #2  
If I'm reading your post correctly, a joint leaked, then a steel line cracked and leaked, and then a replacement line also cracked and leaked.

Wow!

A faulty pressure relief valve might not "give" properly when the system pressure reached the limit, causing excessive pressure in the lines which could cause a joint to leak, and when that was fixed, cause a steel line to split.

I don't know what else could cause that kind of problem (twice). Hard use of the hydraulics (like the Front End Loader) wouldn't/shouldn't harm the system.

/ BX 2660 Hyd Line Issue #3  
Vibration can cause a steel line to crack...Your dealer needs to fix this for you.

/ BX 2660 Hyd Line Issue
The leak is being caused by the crack that develops. There is no leakage caused bu a faulty joint.