Mitsubishi MT372D Hydraulics

/ Mitsubishi MT372D Hydraulics #1  

Paul Casey

I have a Mitsuibishi MT372d tractor all the hydrualics worked correctly prior to changing the hydraulic oil filter and replacing the oil, I used Mystic ISO 46Hydraulic Oil. Now every thing workd including the bucket tilt the only thing that does not work is the lift' it went up about a half inch and that was it any ideas would be great .

How full should the reservor be manual calls ot 3.6 gal but the reservoris still low should it be filleD?

Paul

/ Mitsubishi MT372D Hydraulics #2  
Just had a similar incident and same scenario years ago on another Mitsubishi I owned. If fluid is full, filter clean and other hydraulics are working fine, it is most likely a small piece of crud holding the relief valve partially open or said crud in the 3point control valve. A very small piece of debris can render either of these two parts nonfunctional. Neither is an overwhelming task (I know, it sure isn't a fun thought!) but a manual, an afternoon of your time and a very basic collection of tools will solve your problem.
My experience with these tractors is that even the "more" involved mechanical work like splitting them for a new clutch or cracking open the transmission or differential case sounds much more daunting than it really is.

/ Mitsubishi MT372D Hydraulics
Darryl,

Thanks you for the reply I will give that a try.

Paul