adding backhoe thumb, how to power it

/ adding backhoe thumb, how to power it #11  
I just finished (today) putting a 12v diverter valve on a Ford backhoe from the bucket control circuit to power a power angle snowplow. With the 12v switch in the off posistion the bucket works normally, with the switch on the plow will angle left/right. Now, if I, instead, tied into the pressure line from the pump to a directional control valve to the plow would that have worked?

/ adding backhoe thumb, how to power it #12  
Sorry for so many questions, just dont know enough about this and want to do it right. Who has put a thumb on and made it work?
I made my own thumb and made it work.
I know you're wanting to use hydraulics so this may not be of interest to you, but this is an alternative ... no hydraulics, all mechanical articulating. Here is a thread on how I made it and some pictures of it. I think there's also a video of it in the thread.
It works great!
Homemade Articulated Mechanical Thumb

/ adding backhoe thumb, how to power it #13  
Sounds good on the surface, but Surplus Supply may be cheap but cheap doesn't help when the company is useless. No support there. I highly recommend paying the long dollar and staying away from Surplus Supply. By the time you get done with them it will cost you more.

/ adding backhoe thumb, how to power it #14  
Sounds good on the surface, but Surplus Supply may be cheap but cheap doesn't help when the company is useless. No support there. I highly recommend paying the long dollar and staying away from Surplus Supply. By the time you get done with them it will cost you more.

You brought up a two year old thread to bash a supporter of the site:confused2:

You are the FIRST one I have heard complain about them.

/ adding backhoe thumb, how to power it #15  
I have used Surplus Center for many many years and have never had one single issue with them. In fact once I screwed up and ordered the wrong valve, they took it back with no problems and sent the new valve out the same day. Everytime I have called their technical support has been excellent. So I'm with Kenny not understanding the bashing of Surplus Center.

/ adding backhoe thumb, how to power it #16  
I just started using Surplus Center (twice so far) have had no issues.

/ adding backhoe thumb, how to power it #17  
I have used SurpCntr many times since about 1995. I would hardly call
them cheap, but I would say they are an excellent supplier and I have
plugged them on TBN before. (Note to SC: please send me a discount
coupon!)

If I had to go more often to industrial distis for hydraulic stuff, I would
likely be doing less hyd projects.

Once SC sent me the wrong part (an electric motor), so I contacted
them and they sent the correct one right away.....they did not even want
the wrong one back.

I admit that I do not call in for tech support, mostly cuz they provide
lots of tech details of their products on the website.

/ adding backhoe thumb, how to power it #18  
I have used the Surplus Center several times over the last few months and find them to be nothing but top quality.

/ adding backhoe thumb, how to power it #19  
Ditto to the other comments: No problems with SC! ~Scotty