DGS
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota 1830 BX

Default BX hydraulic cooler

Hello
    I was wondering if a oil cooler cooler could be installed on a BX1830
    This would take a lot of need for the lame driveshaft fan that is on there now
    It is in a precarious place and any thing hitting it would result in more damage than just replacing the fan after dismanteling the driveshaft which as I understand is a real nice job to do by itself
    If this cooler was installed on return line there would not be much pressure correct?
    Thanks in advance
    DGS

TGD
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    BX2230

Default Re: BX hydraulic cooler

I have considered this on my BX2230, but have never gotten around to actually getting the parts and doing it. I think the return line pressure may be low enough to install a cooler in line, but have not tested it.

I managed to get the oil hot enough recently, that it expanded out of the top vent (not overfilled), which it has never done before. Fan is good. Oil normally runs 100F above ambient, normal lawn cutting with the 60" deck. WOT makes oil a little hotter, and working the tractor hard or popping the relief on the loader a few times gets it around 200 and there is limited capacity for cooling with the plastic fan blowing air across the hst.

I have the loader, and where the lines pass under from the left side to the right, I thought I could locate the return line and cut in a cooler mounted behind the battery and in front of the radiator.
    Phil DeGruy

BX2230, FEL, 60" MMM, BXpanded Forks, Hooks, WR Long FTB, Homemade weight box

DGS
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota 1830 BX

Default Re: BX hydraulic cooler

Hello Phil
    When I look at the front of my Bx 1830 it seems to have enough room for a aftermarket trans cooler and maybe an electric fan
    This would be mounted just behind the front grille
    It would need a mount of its own so the grille and sides could be removed for normal servicing and it would make it an easy install for the unit
    DGS