Multiple Quick Connects in Line

/ Multiple Quick Connects in Line #1  

KRBrouwer

Bronze Member
Tractor
T2220 (previous 1320)
I have just purchased a new LD 48 inch grapple from Markham, and have a W.R. Long electric over hydraulic valve installed on my T2220. The valve is installed (per W.R. Long's recommendation in the rear of the tractor, with the hydraulic lines running forward to the loader attachment just in front of the brake pedals. The lines end in quick connects. What I would like to do is keep these quick connects and install another set of lines to the front of the front loader with another set of quick connects that I could attach the lines for the grapple. This would mean 2 quick connects in each line. This would allow me to easily disconnect the grapple, and also the loader. Will having 2 quick connects in each line cause me problems?

I've searched this forum and could not find an answer to this question.

Thanks,

Ken

/ Multiple Quick Connects in Line #2  
There is no problem with that setup, especially considering that the cylinder on the grapple is not using hydraulic fluid constantly like a motor would.

/ Multiple Quick Connects in Line
There is no problem with that setup, especially considering that the cylinder on the grapple is not using hydraulic fluid constantly like a motor would.

Thanks, it would make for a much cleaner install.

Ken :)

/ Multiple Quick Connects in Line #4  
Thanks, it would make for a much cleaner install.

Ken :)

That is also the way my New Holland TN75D 32LA loader factory kit came .

Andy

/ Multiple Quick Connects in Line #5  
I have just purchased a new LD 48 inch grapple from Markham, and have a W.R. Long electric over hydraulic valve installed on my T2220. The valve is installed (per W.R. Long's recommendation in the rear of the tractor, with the hydraulic lines running forward to the loader attachment just in front of the brake pedals. The lines end in quick connects. What I would like to do is keep these quick connects and install another set of lines to the front of the front loader with another set of quick connects that I could attach the lines for the grapple. This would mean 2 quick connects in each line. This would allow me to easily disconnect the grapple, and also the loader. Will having 2 quick connects in each line cause me problems?

I've searched this forum and could not find an answer to this question.

Thanks,

Ken

That is the way my tractor is set up. Makes it possible to remove the loader without having to unfasten and pull back a long length of hose from the front of the loader. I have not had any problems with my setup. I actually have two circuits that run forward for using a tree shear.

Vernon

/ Multiple Quick Connects in Line #6  
Right, no problem with QC's.
I did the same for may fabrications, having a QC at the loader and also near the grapple on the bucket like so many factory set-ups.

/ Multiple Quick Connects in Line
Right, no problem with QC's.
I did the same for may fabrications, having a QC at the loader and also near the grapple on the bucket like so many factory set-ups.

Thanks to all, I went ahead and got the fittings and hose made today at the local NAPA store. It will be ready to pick up tomorrow. However I'll have to wait until Saturday to install it, since at I have to spend Wed - Fri at the FDA in Washington DC, maybe I can try to knock some sense into congress. :eek:

Thanks,

Ken

/ Multiple Quick Connects in Line #8  
maybe I can try to knock some sense into congress. :eek:

Yeah right-don't hold your breath:D

/ Multiple Quick Connects in Line #9  
maybe I can try to knock some sense into congress
I reccommend a LARGE excavator, we saw one at the demolition derby that took a midsize chevy car (~impala size) and made it into a 5'x3' round bale.

Aaron Z