Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Bronze Member KRBrouwer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    88
    Location
    Chapel Hill, North Carolina
    Tractor
    T2220 (previous 1320)

    Default Multiple Quick Connects in Line

    I have just purchased a new LD 48 inch grapple from Markham, and have a W.R. Long electric over hydraulic valve installed on my T2220. The valve is installed (per W.R. Long's recommendation in the rear of the tractor, with the hydraulic lines running forward to the loader attachment just in front of the brake pedals. The lines end in quick connects. What I would like to do is keep these quick connects and install another set of lines to the front of the front loader with another set of quick connects that I could attach the lines for the grapple. This would mean 2 quick connects in each line. This would allow me to easily disconnect the grapple, and also the loader. Will having 2 quick connects in each line cause me problems?

    I've searched this forum and could not find an answer to this question.

    Thanks,

    Ken

  2. #2
    Advertiser kennyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11,867
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

    Default Re: Multiple Quick Connects in Line

    There is no problem with that setup, especially considering that the cylinder on the grapple is not using hydraulic fluid constantly like a motor would.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com



    Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

    Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

    Visit our YouTube Channel

  3. #3
    Bronze Member KRBrouwer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    88
    Location
    Chapel Hill, North Carolina
    Tractor
    T2220 (previous 1320)

    Default Re: Multiple Quick Connects in Line

    Quote Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
    There is no problem with that setup, especially considering that the cylinder on the grapple is not using hydraulic fluid constantly like a motor would.
    Thanks, it would make for a much cleaner install.

    Ken

  4. #4
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    3,044
    Location
    Windham County, Conn
    Tractor
    Ford 2120 , New Holland TN75D, Hitachi UH083LC Excavator

    Default Re: Multiple Quick Connects in Line

    Quote Originally Posted by KRBrouwer View Post
    Thanks, it would make for a much cleaner install.

    Ken

    That is also the way my New Holland TN75D 32LA loader factory kit came .

    Andy

  5. #5
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,906
    Location
    Brazos County Texas 77808
    Tractor
    Kubota L3130HST w/LA723 loader

    Default Re: Multiple Quick Connects in Line

    Quote Originally Posted by KRBrouwer View Post
    I have just purchased a new LD 48 inch grapple from Markham, and have a W.R. Long electric over hydraulic valve installed on my T2220. The valve is installed (per W.R. Long's recommendation in the rear of the tractor, with the hydraulic lines running forward to the loader attachment just in front of the brake pedals. The lines end in quick connects. What I would like to do is keep these quick connects and install another set of lines to the front of the front loader with another set of quick connects that I could attach the lines for the grapple. This would mean 2 quick connects in each line. This would allow me to easily disconnect the grapple, and also the loader. Will having 2 quick connects in each line cause me problems?

    I've searched this forum and could not find an answer to this question.

    Thanks,

    Ken
    That is the way my tractor is set up. Makes it possible to remove the loader without having to unfasten and pull back a long length of hose from the front of the loader. I have not had any problems with my setup. I actually have two circuits that run forward for using a tree shear.

    Vernon
    Kubota L3130HST, BL4690B backhoe, LA723 Loader w/QA, 6' BB, 6' Bush Hog, 5' RB, PHD, ATI grapple, Hy-Reach Tree Shear, toothbar, pallet forks, grubbin bucket.

  6. #6
    Super Member 3RRL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,812
    Location
    Foothills of the Giant Sequoia's, California
    Tractor
    55HP 4WD KAMA 554 and 4 x 4 Jinma 284

    Default Re: Multiple Quick Connects in Line

    Right, no problem with QC's.
    I did the same for may fabrications, having a QC at the loader and also near the grapple on the bucket like so many factory set-ups.
    Rob-
    ...The Older I get...the Better I Used to be...
    Member of the Month

  7. #7
    Bronze Member KRBrouwer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    88
    Location
    Chapel Hill, North Carolina
    Tractor
    T2220 (previous 1320)

    Default Re: Multiple Quick Connects in Line

    Quote Originally Posted by 3RRL View Post
    Right, no problem with QC's.
    I did the same for may fabrications, having a QC at the loader and also near the grapple on the bucket like so many factory set-ups.
    Thanks to all, I went ahead and got the fittings and hose made today at the local NAPA store. It will be ready to pick up tomorrow. However I'll have to wait until Saturday to install it, since at I have to spend Wed - Fri at the FDA in Washington DC, maybe I can try to knock some sense into congress.

    Thanks,

    Ken

  8. #8
    Advertiser kennyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11,867
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

    Default Re: Multiple Quick Connects in Line

    maybe I can try to knock some sense into congress.
    Yeah right-don't hold your breath
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com



    Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

    Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

    Visit our YouTube Channel

  9. #9
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,570
    Location
    Northern Fingerlakes region of NY, USA
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

    Default Re: Multiple Quick Connects in Line

    Quote Originally Posted by KRBrouwer View Post
    maybe I can try to knock some sense into congress
    I reccommend a LARGE excavator, we saw one at the demolition derby that took a midsize chevy car (~impala size) and made it into a 5'x3' round bale.

    Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.