hydraulic problem

/ hydraulic problem #1  

whitetaildown

Tractor
MasseyFerguson 202, Cubcadet 1050
Hello I have a 1961 Massey F 202 .
I just bought this tractor and realised it was low on hydraulic fluid, so after adding h fluid and running the tractor for a bit the fluid became milky and also thinned out, my rear pto is not lifting all the way up . Any ideas of whats going on with this tractor ?

/ hydraulic problem #3  
Water in the hydraulic fluid will make it milky. You can drain the hyd fluid completely (I think there are 2 drain plugs), maybe even flush it out, then add new hydraulic fluid. If it still doesn't work then something might have already been damaged. If the tractor sits outside, water usually enters around the shift boots.

/ hydraulic problem #4  
White = water.

Add some thing like "diesel 911" which will bind up the water. Then run it lightly for an hour or two and drain while it is hot. Leave it with the plug(s) out for at least an hour to drip and refill with new fluid.

/ hydraulic problem #5  
Seafoam's 'trans tune' is a great addative for that.. it's made to be added to hyd and tranny fluids.. will hold water in solution for draining... decent stuff.. not too bad a price tag.

soundguy

/ hydraulic problem
Thanks guys for the input . I have another question, I drained and refilled with the proper gear oil and still have problems lifting with rear pto. I was told this pto was added after the tractor was built. Also not sure how to work the draft and what is it for any ideas on what could be the problem ?
It will only lift half way . Thanks again

/ hydraulic problem #7  
The cylinder could be leaking. If there was water, it could have pits and rust. Only way to tell is to access and look.

by the way, pto is power take off. You meant to type 3pt which is short for 3 pt hitch. Dern them typos!

jb

/ hydraulic problem #8  
Thanks guys for the input . I have another question, I drained and refilled with the proper gear oil and still have problems lifting with rear pto. I was told this pto was added after the tractor was built. Also not sure how to work the draft and what is it for any ideas on what could be the problem ?
It will only lift half way . Thanks again

Can't help you whether the pto was left as a blank out, then added later or not.. some fords could be configured down with stuff missing.. and then have it added back later.. etc.

draft control is used primarilly for ground engaging implements.. like moldboard plows.. etc..
soundguy

/ hydraulic problem #9  
If your 202 has the instant reverse transmission, I don't think the PTO will turn without the tractor moving. I may be wrong because my memory doesn't work very well any more but I think that is right. The PTO will also change directions when the tractor does so an ORC will be needed. Once again, I may be wrong but I don't think I am.
I don't about the manual shuttle transmission tractors.

/ hydraulic problem #10  
I have never seen or heard of anything that will remove water from transmission or hydraulic fluid, and return it to it's original properties. I think it is a waste of good money to add water removers, if there is such a thing. Best thing would be to drain and refill, run for a while, and drain and refill again. Like someone else said, if rust has formed on some components they may have to be replaced.