Help - Backhoe Hydraulics !!!

/ Help - Backhoe Hydraulics !!! #1  

bbarnes871

Also posted this in Hydraulics -

I just mounted a Woods 6500 backhoe on my Ford 1520 copact tractor. I called the Ford Dealer and they told me to just connect the two lines from the backhoe into two of the lined that go from my hydraulic manifold to the loader (7108) controls. The block has three lines that go to the loader: inlet, outlet and return.

I had two hoses made up with a tee and disconnect to connect to the backhoe. I connected one line to the outlet and the other line to the inlet. I also tried swapping inlet and return. In both cases neither the loader nor the backhoe work unless I pull a lever on eathier unit. When I pull a lever the other one will work just fine. I disconnect one line for the backhoe and the loader then works fine. Seem like the backhoe must have open flow such that it is robbing fluid from the loader. Seems like there is only one other option which is to connect the backhoe to the inlet and return line but just doe not make sense since it seems I would need the outlet (power) line in order to get pressure.
Not sure if this helps but when I put the loader valve in the float position the backhoe has slight movement but not enough to do anything.

Thanks in advance

Bob

/ Help - Backhoe Hydraulics !!! #2  
hi hope this helps you need to take the inlet hose off and run it to the backhoe inlet then from the backhoe outlet back to the loader inlet (into the valve if you want to make the hoe removable the easiest way is to put a breakaway coupling in there (i hope that is what you call them over there ie the same as the remote couplings at the back of the tractor thats what we call them in aus) Good luck

/ Help - Backhoe Hydraulics !!! #3  
The problem is that you T'ed the lines. You cannot T into high pressure lines, the fluid will take the path of least resistance-and that is through the other valve. All valve's must be placed in series.

/ Help - Backhoe Hydraulics !!!
So does that mean that if there are three lines from the tractor to the loader valve, one is a pressure (outlet) to the loader, one is pressure back to the tractor (inlet) and one is a return? If that was the case then it seems I should be able to tee into the inlet and return and it would work. That would be more or less tieing the backhoe in series since the fluid would have already gone thru the loader valve That is the only scenerio I havn't tried.

What is the differance between the inlet and return?

Thanks

The problem is that you T'ed the lines. You cannot T into high pressure lines, the fluid will take the path of least resistance-and that is through the other valve. All valve's must be placed in series.

/ Help - Backhoe Hydraulics !!! #5  
Check the markings on the valve and see if the third one is marked PB (for PowerBeyond). If so, than that is the line you want to remove and feed to the BH valve. A picture is worth a thousand words if you can post one.

If that was the case then it seems I should be able to tee into the inlet and return and it would work.

Again, you CANNOT "T" the high pressure inlet line. You can however T low pressure return lines.

/ Help - Backhoe Hydraulics !!!
Pretty sure I have it now. Must be tied in series after loader valve

Thanks for the help