Getting the right quick disconnect

/ Getting the right quick disconnect #1  

tjkadar

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 5609, Kubota GS1800, eXmark LazerZ XP
I have a John Deere 5425 with a 542 FEL. I installed the grapple hydraulic lines (hard lines and hoses) for the mid-mount 3rd valve. The grapple hydraulics terminate with what I believe are ISO 5675 3/4" steel body, 3/4" NPTF agricultural type quick disconnects. But I need the skid steer type quick disconnect in order to use an Anbo grapple and other skid steer type attachments. Can I simply replace the agricultural quick disconnects with install ISO 16028 3/4" steel body, 3/4" NPTF quick disconnects?

From what I can tell, the female quick disconnect is around $81 and the male is about $53. Just want to make sure I'm ordering the right parts the first time. :D

/ Getting the right quick disconnect #2  
What you described should work fine.

/ Getting the right quick disconnect
Thanks Kenny! :D Wanted to make sure I got the right stuff the first time 'round.

/ Getting the right quick disconnect #4  
The newer 3rd function hard lines have Male ORB threads, earlier kits used an adapter between the hard line and coupler. Newer kits eliminated this adapter.

Mine has the newer type.

/ Getting the right quick disconnect #7  
Are you sure about the 3/4" NPT? That's HUGE for a cylinder! Are you just measuring the diameter of the threads? If you are, it's probably closer to 3/8 NPT or 3/4 SAE. 3/4" NPT threads are over 1" in diameter. Take an accurate measurement and count the threads extrapolated to 1"

Last edited:
You're right, it is closer to 3/8 and not 3/4. It might be easier to match things up if I take the current fitting to the hydraulics store and get the adapter. Appreciate all the help folks!