Bulkhead connectors

/ Bulkhead connectors #1  

wedge40

Veteran Member
I'm looking for 1/2" male-female bulkhead connectors. Where would be a good place to start. I've looked at DHH and all they have 37 JIC.

Thanks.

Wedge

/ Bulkhead connectors #2  
1/2" what? NPT? If so, I haven't seen them either.

Tell me exactly what you are trying to do and I help find the parts...

/ Bulkhead connectors
1/2" what? NPT? If so, I haven't seen them either.

Tell me exactly what you are trying to do and I help find the parts...

Sorry. 1/2" NPT.

I have a 67' Ford 4000 with FEL and extra spool under the seat. I have a grapple that I'm using and would like to add bulkhead connectors. Right now I have hoses from the spool under the seat to the grapple using QD's and hose.
I would like to make a frame for the bulkhead connectors and then hook the QD's to it.

The hoses are too long and will need to be shortened. I guess I could have them put female 37 JIC's on it and use an adapter on the other side to match up to the 1/2" NPT QD's. Or adapters to go from 1/2" JIC to 1/2" NPT.

Wedge

/ Bulkhead connectors #4  
The hoses are too long and will need to be shortened. I guess I could have them put female 37 JIC's on it and use an adapter on the other side to match up to the 1/2" NPT QD's. Or adapters to go from 1/2" JIC to 1/2" NPT.

Getting a JIC crimped on your hose would be best, and then use one of THESE and no adapters would be needed.

/ Bulkhead connectors #5  
Wedge:

Do you have a Parker Store near you. www.parkerstore.com They may be higher in price than some of the internet retailers; but if you are like me and hydraulics is a whole new world to you; they may be worth the cost if they are close to you.

/ Bulkhead connectors #6  
You might want to check out Bailey Hydraulics... they have a lot of stuff, and it's all "real"

/ Bulkhead connectors #7  
If you have a semi trailer repair shop near you they should have several different styles. Trailers use them for passing air lines through framing and on the nose to go from air line to the gladhand. i have seen steel and brass.

/ Bulkhead connectors #9  
Getting a JIC crimped on your hose would be best, and then use one of THESE and no adapters would be needed.

As a side note...I might be wrong..BUT, the pics & descriptions arent jiving on that page Kenny...they list the fittings as NPTF but the pic show NPTM...
Just dont want your ordering the wrong thing...

/ Bulkhead connectors #10  
I would get the 37JIC male both ends bulk head fitting. On the side with the built on hex you can put ORB couplers directly on, no adapter required. Have the end of the hose changed to 37JIC female swivel. I would use a straight fitting on the hose and if I needed a 45, 90, etc, adapt with a fitting from the hose fitting to the bulk head fitting. Then you don't have to worry about having an angle fitting crimped on your hose, and it not being in the right postion, twisting the hose.