broke steel hyd line 4320 JD 400x loader

/ broke steel hyd line 4320 JD 400x loader #1  

woodrr

Tractor
4320 jd
today i was moving some brush and small trees to the burn pile and
i picked up the bucket and curled it in and POP!

i thought i had run over a tree root and poked a hole in a tire....

then i noticed that i could not move the bucket~!!!!!!

i broke a steel black line under the tractor in a straight run of tubing

i guess it had a defect??

any guesses as what or why???? i have had the pressures cked before on the loader as it was weak and would work very good at all!

its better but its a weak loader and the tilt curl leaks down fast@

what happened here >:confused::confused::confused:

238 hrs 2007 model 4320

/ broke steel hyd line 4320 JD 400x loader #2  
I don't know, but since I've got a 2008 4320 with a 400x loader, please keep my posted!

/ broke steel hyd line 4320 JD 400x loader #3  
Hmm... straight run of black steel, hydraulic line underneath the tractor... Was it the line that is routed into the filter (left hand side) and then goes to the front of the engine and to the hydraulic pump?

That's a hard one to break - unless you get a limb, branch or small tree jammed up there.

Or it was kinked during install or filter change.

My $0.02.

AKfish

/ broke steel hyd line 4320 JD 400x loader
it was 1 of the 4 lines that run to the loader

factory mine has 4 lines from the valve to the loader

its split and busted about 1 " long

i cannot feel or see where a stick or root have damaged it.

never heard of this or seen this.will be at dealer tomorrow to buy parts!:mad:

today i received the new metal line (23 bux)and intalled it after work ready to use it this weekend.......

pulled the lever and oil everwhere!!!!!!!!

it also blew this line that was the same as the metal line....big hole in the hose protector that you cannot see the lines......

i just am disappointed as i have to regroup and get a line made before i can use it..

what on earth could have broke both line and metal line??

it was the curl back line on the bucket.....

the quick connects were connected and something spiked the hyd system on this line.......i just need some understanding

the dealer said that some of these have been replaced....acted like it was not a big deal!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

/ broke steel hyd line 4320 JD 400x loader #6  
Woody,

Usually 2 things won't blow at once. Is there any chance that something came up and hit them both? It is possible that they did both blow at once, but you probably have just as good a chance of hitting the lottery.

You say the line was split, lengthwise? Was it blown outward, the hose too? If blown outward, it was from a pressure spike. You're lucky that's all the damage. I've seen cylinder housings on large excavators split wide open from this. Usually hoses don't blow out from pressure spikes but it does happen. Hoses will expand and act as a shock absorber where steel lines and cylinder housings will rupture.

Good luck, Andy.

yes they were both outward

guess i was pushing the edge as i was pulling brush with the bucket rearward

and it might have doubled the line and i was fat and happy in the cab.......

that is what i was thiniking..time for some gaurds for lines or just go rent a backhoe....

but......i will be more careful.......or not ha ha !:eek:

/ broke steel hyd line 4320 JD 400x loader #9  
If you where backdraging with the bucket bucket in full dump position, then you are lucky you only split a line on two. The cylinders could have been bent very easily doing this-and that would cost a lot more than two lines to repair.

Sounds like you may need a grapple?:D

/ broke steel hyd line 4320 JD 400x loader #10  
Woody,

Can't you bring home a grenade or 2 next time to loosen that stuff up? Fire in the hole!:eek: