Hydraulic Line connected to another hydraulic line?

/ Hydraulic Line connected to another hydraulic line? #1  

dmccarty

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 4700
Sounds like a strange question I know.... :)

My 3PH log splitter has legs. I am not sure how steady the splitter is when its NOT attached to the 3PH but when I bought the splitter I figured it could be used standalone with the tractor providing hydraulic pressure.

So I sized my lines to reach from the tractor to the splitter standing alone.

And I sized them about 12-24 inches too short. :eek: :D

Would there be a problem if I had made two more hoses say 3-4 feet long using quick connects to extend the current hoses? I can't think WHY this would be a problem but figured I should ask. :D

Thanks,
Dan

/ Hydraulic Line connected to another hydraulic line? #2  
Why use another set of quick couplers? Just get the length hose you need and couple it to your too short hose then move that quick coupler to the new end.
If your splitter is standing solid, it should be ok, they do get kind of top heavy when splitting large stuff?ennyV.

/ Hydraulic Line connected to another hydraulic line? #3  
Dan,

You can use qd's but I would try to avoid it. QD's restrict flow. Why not get male ends onto your extension hoses that connect directly to your existing females? Male ends are cheaper anyway.

/ Hydraulic Line connected to another hydraulic line?
Kenny/Wayne,

Thanks for the ideas. The reason I mentioned using QDs was so that if I put the splitter back on the tractor I can use my original hoses. They are a bit long as is and adding more hose would obviously make them even longer.

But I like your ideas better. :D I can just loop the hoses if they get in the way. Cheaper and simpler. :)

Thanks,
Dan