Hydraulic Hose Mix-Up

/ Hydraulic Hose Mix-Up #1  

Mrwurm

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower
At the risk of being taunted by Frank-F15, heres my latest mishap. When attaching my loader, I mixed up the hoses (yes, they're color coded) and the loader would not go up or down, tilt or roll. They were really mixed up. I don't know how I could have gotten all four of them in the wrong spot but I did. I've since corrected my error and there seems to be no ill effect. I've heard that this sort of thing can damage a valve or relief. Dodged the Bullet again! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Jerry

/ Hydraulic Hose Mix-Up #2  
Isn't it nice to feel and act and do all the things normal people do. I'd blame it on failing eysight or dirty glasses.

Egon

/ Hydraulic Hose Mix-Up #3  
<font color=blue>"Isn't it nice to feel and act and do all the things normal people do."</font color=blue>

In my neck of the woods, we call it Operator Head Space and Timing! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Hydraulic Hose Mix-Up #4  
Years ago when my main ride was a 69 mach I , I was changing the steering cylinder and managed to get the two lines to it reversed even though they form fitted. Everything seemed ok until I started the car and touched the steering wheel. It started to jerk back and forth very quickly. Damned near broke my wrist..... I chalked it up to being a stupid kid laying on my back in the middle of winter with my eyes full of crap and no ramps to raise the car. Had to blame it on something. Tom

/ Hydraulic Hose Mix-Up #5  
JERRY: hope u realize i was not taunting or ragging on u ? just funning with u. if i offended u ,i appologize. as far a s your mixing up hydro hoses i found that i never trust my self, so i tag them with numbers, so i don't mix them up. i don't beleive u did any harm to your system.

/ Hydraulic Hose Mix-Up
Frank-F15, I was joking as well/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif. I have enjoyed your comments and have been known to tease others as well. Here's another one: Now what is a stationary engineer? Is it someone who engineers while stationary or is someone who engineers that fancy smelly paper that my wife likes to write letters on?
Jerry

/ Hydraulic Hose Mix-Up #7  
Color coding is OK as long as you're not color blind, which many are, then mix that with a numbering system for those with dyslexcia and you have a loader that doesn't know which ends up..

On a more serious note, my father is color blind and 86 yrs still does everything as any normal person, as he adjusts to the situation, red light - top is stop, bottom is go, in the middle, well press on the gas..

Carl

/ Hydraulic Hose Mix-Up #8  
Don't they deal with heating/cooling/boilers .etc systems in large complex's or buildings.. like hospitals, etc.
Our local hospital just advertised for one, and those were the duties/responsibilities that were looking for.
Any takers?

Soundguy

"Now what is a stationary engineer? Is it someone "

/ Hydraulic Hose Mix-Up #9  
Actually a Stationary Engineer is an engineer hard at work and not disturbing anyone. He does this with his eyes closed and feet up on desk with the office door closed. When in this state all others are very happy as all will run smoothly.

Egon

/ Hydraulic Hose Mix-Up #10  
Here in Texas we have blinking yellow and red lights at some country intersections on major highways. I always thought that people ran the red lights because they did not care but maybe they are color blind and think the lights are just caution lights. It looks like the state would realize that color blind people can not tell what color these lights are but then that would be expecting a too much from the government.