Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Member Firefighter Kubota's Avatar
    Tractor
    Kubota 7510

Default Single action or double action Valves?

I'm looking to install a set of rear remotes on my Bota 7510 with the following intention of current and future attachments...

I have a plow, w/ manual angle. Has two cylinders (one on each side for power angle) with a single inlet and no outlets on each... Is it easier to replace those with a single dual action cylinder and dual action valve or run singe action valve to it.

future plans are for a grapple and will need to hook up my log splitter in the spring.

So I'd like to install a 2 spool with a PB... Best option? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks...

BTW, Kenny, i still have the info you gave me on my last hydraulic post but this is a different set up...

Platinum Member
    RIP
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 45

Default Re: Single action or double action Valves?

2 spool double action 1 with detent float w /pb

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter kubota View Post
    I have a plow, w/ manual angle. Has two cylinders (one on each side for power angle) with a single inlet and no outlets on each... Is it easier to replace those with a single dual action cylinder and dual action valve or run singe action valve to it.
    Assuming that this is a standard straight blade, if you keep those cylinders you can hook them up to a double acting valve (in fact you would have to hook them to a double acting valve), one ram hooks to each side of the valve, this is because when one ram extends the other is forced to retract, if you hook it to a pair of single acting valves you will bend something because when you extend one side the other wont be able to retract.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    J.D. 4310 E-hydro

I put the optional 3rd scv kit on my JD4310 which utilizes an unused/spare valve on the loaders valve block, for a power angle snow plow, I don't know that much about hydraulics but got some help here.

I believe it's a double acting valve since it has 1 lever but powers the single acting cylinders on the plow by moving it (the lever) both ways. going thru 2 remotes on the rear. I know this would work for a grapple or any other DA cylinder not sure about the log splitter.

JB.
    JD 4310; E hydro, 300CX, 48 BH, 60" box, 72" rake, 72" rear blade, cast pallet forks, 48", 61"HD & 73" high volume bucket.
    FORD 1700; 2 WD, 2600 hrs.
    JD 320; Hydra lift, 48" deck and 48" snow blade.
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500, Cummins 6.7L, Aisin 6 speed, 9ft utility body.

Platinum Member Firefighter Kubota's Avatar
    Tractor
    Kubota 7510

Thanks guys...I thought it was all DA valves, Just wanted to be sure....

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2005 JD 5103

Not sure if this is what you would want, but Kennyd showed me this valve that I purchased based on his recommendation. So I blame him if it doesn't work.

Burden Sales Surplus Center Item Detail

I'm still working on fittings, so I can't say how it performs yet. Only have 3 different types of fittings on mine: NPT, O-ring, O-ring face seal and nobody carries standard conversions around here.
    JD 5103, 512 FEL w/bucket, home-made front bale spear, 60" Armstrong Ag box blade, Rhino SE6 rotary mower, 5' JD 3-point disc, home-made 26'-200 gallon sprayer

Tractor
    J.D. 4310 E-hydro

Quote Originally Posted by Kfbeal View Post
    Not sure if this is what you would want, but Kennyd showed me this valve that I purchased based on his recommendation. So I blame him if it doesn't work.

Burden Sales Surplus Center Item Detail
    I'm trying to learn here, would this valve in the link operate 2 single acting cylinders as well as 2 DA cylinders.
    JD 4310; E hydro, 300CX, 48 BH, 60" box, 72" rake, 72" rear blade, cast pallet forks, 48", 61"HD & 73" high volume bucket.

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Man! My name is getting thrown around a lot in this thread

Fire K...
    I think you got your answer...two SA cylinders work work great on a DA valve, The valve see's two SA cylinders as one DA cylinder.

I'm trying to learn here, would this valve in the link operate 2 single acting cylinders as well as 2 DA cylinders.
    How about this: 2 DA's and 4 SA's
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain and Rigging Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components, and MUCH more!

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Tractor
    J.D. 4310 E-hydro

Quote Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
    Man! My name is getting thrown around a lot in this thread

How about this: 2 DA's and 4 SA's
    OK I think I'm getting it, 2 opposing sa cylinders per spool?

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Quote Originally Posted by JB4310 View Post
    OK I think I'm getting it, 2 opposing sa cylinders per spool?
    Exactly
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain and Rigging Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components, and MUCH more!

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast