Single action or double action Valves?

/ Single action or double action Valves? #1  

Firefighter Kubota

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 7510
I'm looking to install a set of rear remotes on my Bota 7510 with the following intention of current and future attachments...

I have a plow, w/ manual angle. Has two cylinders (one on each side for power angle) with a single inlet and no outlets on each... Is it easier to replace those with a single dual action cylinder and dual action valve or run singe action valve to it.

future plans are for a grapple and will need to hook up my log splitter in the spring.

So I'd like to install a 2 spool with a PB... Best option? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks...

BTW, Kenny, i still have the info you gave me on my last hydraulic post but this is a different set up...

/ Single action or double action Valves? #2  
2 spool double action 1 with detent float w /pb

/ Single action or double action Valves? #3  
I have a plow, w/ manual angle. Has two cylinders (one on each side for power angle) with a single inlet and no outlets on each... Is it easier to replace those with a single dual action cylinder and dual action valve or run singe action valve to it.
Assuming that this is a standard straight blade, if you keep those cylinders you can hook them up to a double acting valve (in fact you would have to hook them to a double acting valve), one ram hooks to each side of the valve, this is because when one ram extends the other is forced to retract, if you hook it to a pair of single acting valves you will bend something because when you extend one side the other wont be able to retract.

Aaron Z

/ Single action or double action Valves? #4  
I put the optional 3rd scv kit on my JD4310 which utilizes an unused/spare valve on the loaders valve block, for a power angle snow plow, I don't know that much about hydraulics but got some help here.

I believe it's a double acting valve since it has 1 lever but powers the single acting cylinders on the plow by moving it (the lever) both ways. going thru 2 remotes on the rear. I know this would work for a grapple or any other DA cylinder not sure about the log splitter.

JB.

/ Single action or double action Valves?
Thanks guys...I thought it was all DA valves, Just wanted to be sure....

/ Single action or double action Valves? #6  
Not sure if this is what you would want, but Kennyd showed me this valve that I purchased based on his recommendation. So I blame him if it doesn't work. ;)

Burden Sales Surplus Center Item Detail

I'm still working on fittings, so I can't say how it performs yet. Only have 3 different types of fittings on mine: NPT, O-ring, O-ring face seal and nobody carries standard conversions around here.

/ Single action or double action Valves? #7  
Not sure if this is what you would want, but Kennyd showed me this valve that I purchased based on his recommendation. So I blame him if it doesn't work. ;)

Burden Sales Surplus Center Item Detail

I'm trying to learn here, would this valve in the link operate 2 single acting cylinders as well as 2 DA cylinders.

/ Single action or double action Valves? #8  
Man! My name is getting thrown around a lot in this thread:eek:

Fire K...
I think you got your answer...two SA cylinders work work great on a DA valve, The valve see's two SA cylinders as one DA cylinder.

I'm trying to learn here, would this valve in the link operate 2 single acting cylinders as well as 2 DA cylinders.

How about this: 2 DA's and 4 SA's;)

/ Single action or double action Valves? #9  
Man! My name is getting thrown around a lot in this thread:eek:

How about this: 2 DA's and 4 SA's;)

OK I think I'm getting it, 2 opposing sa cylinders per spool?