Rear remote newbie question

/ Rear remote newbie question #1  

manugoss

Hello

I am a newbie here so maybe this is a very easy question for you. I just bought a Kubota L2950 with loader that does't have rear remote. However, I would like to install them myself. Someone I know is selling a 2 spool remote kit that he took from his Kubota. Here is my question. What is the proper way to connect the rear remote. I want to be able to use the loader at the same time as the rear remotes. FYI: The loader has 3 connection to the hydraulic bloc (picture) that I attached. Where do I hook the inlet and outlet of the new spool without doing any damages to the actual setup. Thanks

Attachments

• L2950 Hydraulic.jpg
    L2950 Hydraulic.jpg
    723.3 KB · Views: 447
   / Rear remote newbie question #2  
I am sure there are others specifically familiar with Kabotas that might be more helpful but in general all these open center systems hook up the same way. On your loader valve there should be a line coming from the block to the IN port. There should be a line coming from the OUT port on the loader valve back to the sump. Then there should be a POWER BEYOND port that goes back to the block and feeds the 3 point hitch. This is the line you want to tap into. Run this line from the loader valve to the IN port on your rear remote valve. You can T into the OUT line from the loader valve with the OUT of the rear remote valve. Then take the PB port on the rear remote valve and hook it up to the block where the loader used to attach to. I know the JDs have an extra port on the block that with a set screw in the right place essentially taps into the PB end right in the block. My French is non existent but it didn't look like there isn't an extra port on yours. Even if there is you can still do what I said. The extra port just makes things more tidy.

/ Rear remote newbie question #3  
Welcome to TBN:D

I am not real familiar with the Kub's, but am with hydraulics in general...Take a look at THIS thread and see if the blocks looks similar on your tractor.

I can't read the attachment you posted.

/ Rear remote newbie question
Sorry for the french diagram. Here is an explanation for it. On the left there is one line from the pump, 1 to the transmission and 1 to the 3 pt hitch. In the front there is the in and out for the tools. But there is one behind that says reservoir hole (plug). On my tractor, one of the line of the loader connects there What is the last hole for, the one behind the block on the diagram.

My question is:
How can I tell if the valve have a power beyond? Can any valve have pressure build-up in the return line?

Thanks

/ Rear remote newbie question #5  
You can tell if a valve has PB buy counting the number of hoses connected to it, and/or also looking for a plug marked PB. If the PB circuit is hooked up, then there will be 7 hoses connected to the valve.

My point of directing you to the other post is that with the newer Kubota's I don't think you have to plumb to the valve, only to the block.

/ Rear remote newbie question
In the loader operator manual it says that the control valve is '' ONE detent float position, power beyond circuit'' It should have the PB. I will check that nex time I see the tractor. I have a few more questions.

Assuming they all have the power beyond, what is the best order for the diffrent valves ( 3 pt hitch, loader, rear remote)

If I want to buy a double spool control valve, what would be a good choice of control valve and where to buy. I am currently looking at prince SV control valve from surplus center with the open center PB option. Are there any better valves for outdoor and tractor uses?

Thanks

/ Rear remote newbie question #7  
Assuming they all have the power beyond, what is the best order for the diffrent valves ( 3 pt hitch, loader, rear remote)

Normally its the FEL, then the rear remote valve, and finally the 3PH.

If I want to buy a double spool control valve, what would be a good choice of control valve and where to buy. I am currently looking at prince SV control valve from surplus center with the open center PB option. Are there any better valves for outdoor and tractor uses?

The SV series are nice because you can custom configure them any way you want-but they are expensive. There are other 2-spool valves from 5-20 GPM that will serve your needs also that cost about $150 to $200.

/ Rear remote newbie question #8  
so we meet again manugoss,

I think you are doing well and the valves from surplus center are the best price I could find.

I'm going with a three spool valve though because I want a hydraulic top link and chute rotate and deflect on my blower so I need three spools and it is only 60$ more

let me know when you are planning the purchase and we can split the shipping, I think I will get a cylinder and a few fitting as well and have the hoses made here. I want to get this done soon but am having a little trouble figuring out all the fittings and stuff

I'm wondering the same thing on my tractor, do I connect to the pump port or the pb port on the block. If I understand correctly the pressure first comes from the pump port to the loader valve and then down to the pb port to the 3pt. if that is the case I would put my remotes between the loader valve and the pb port. because if the relief valve on your remote valve is lower than your loader valve you will reduce your loader lift capacity.

I have a few pics of a b7800 set up with one spool remotes if that would help I can send them to you.

/ Rear remote newbie question #9  
kennyd

when I was looking around for valves the prince sv series were quite reasonable, a 2 spool sv valve with pb is 200$ for surplus center and I couldn't find a cheaper valve anywhere else

3 spool is around 260$

/ Rear remote newbie question #10  
just looking at the pic you posted and wondering what tool they are talking about. I'm guessing it is the tool to adjust the pressure. Is your loader valve hooked up to that block and are the lines on the left hard lines or flexible.

your block is quite different from mine mine only has two ports on it.