1700 Ford

/ 1700 Ford #1  

jones6780

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1700 4wheel drive, Yazoo/Kees Max2 Zero Turn
I have a 1700 Ford that has the hydraulic connections for a FEL. I don't have a FEL and it has a short hose that comes out of one port and back in to the other creating a loop. The hose is getting old/cracked can I just plug the holes? Will that create a problem? Thanks

/ 1700 Ford #2  
You have to have the loop to complete the circuit. If you post a pic of where the hoses connect to the control valve at the TPH you may be able to remove the adapter plate and eliminate all the hyd. hoses for the loader.
Bill

/ 1700 Ford
Here are pictures. The hoses are just below and behind the lift control lever. So are you saying that on a FEL the fluid circulates all the time and is diverted to the cylinders when the controls are actuated? I wanted to leave the ports for possible future use.

Russell

Attachments

• tractor 041.jpg
    tractor 041.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 158
  • tractor 042.jpg
    tractor 042.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 151
   / 1700 Ford #4  
You are correct. The fluid circulates all the time. The aluminum block the hoses attach to can be removed if you no longer have use for the hoses for the FEL. Just remove the block and put in shorter bolts. If you think you may get a FEL someday leave it on and replace the hose that is bad.
Bill

/ 1700 Ford #5  
That "loop" could also be used to feed a valve for rear remotes if you need them...or a logsplitter.

/ 1700 Ford
I'll get a new hose for the loop and look into requirements for rear remotes. Thanks all.
Russell