loader valve broke or lift cylinder

/ loader valve broke or lift cylinder #1  

concretescott

I got my tractor stuck the other day. It was getting late so i left it. My neighbor trying to be nice pulled it out by attaching a chain to the bucket. Now the loader will not go up and down. The curl and tilt work fine but the loader will not go up or down at all. The rod that comes out of the valve will not move at all, almost like its jammed up or in a bind in the valve. Is the valve messed up or a lift cylinder? Any help would be greatly appreciated

/ loader valve broke or lift cylinder #2  
Have you tried recently? Sometimes forcing motion from the cylinder end will over pressureize the spool valve. Letting it sit or operating a valve down stream (if PB used) will free the valve.

/ loader valve broke or lift cylinder #3  
What Ken said has some definite possibilities...You might try loosening the fittings at the cylinders to relieve pressure-just be sure to cover it with a heavy rag while doing so and keep your hands away!

/ loader valve broke or lift cylinder #4  
Ditto that.. crack the lines with a set of wrenches with an old towel thrown over them.

soundguy

/ loader valve broke or lift cylinder #5  
So you're saying it's the valve "joystick" that's stuck, right? I wote this in your other thread as a possibility...
Try switching the hoses that operate the curl/dump to the lift/lower cylinders. Then you can test to see if the cylinders for raise/lower are OK by using the dump/curl on the joystick valve. If so, the joystick itself is stuck. I know my Koyker loader valve (It's an Olfe valve I think) has a feature to lock down the joystick so it doesn't move. Maybe yours slipped into "lock" positon?

/ loader valve broke or lift cylinder
i cracked the lines on my valve today there are 2 on the left that appear to control tilt and curl. when i crack those fluid oozes out. when i cracked the other 2 which i assume are raise and lower. nothing comes out at all and the rod that comes out of the valve is still stuck. it will not move in or out. does this mean my valve is bad???

/ loader valve broke or lift cylinder #7  
Hmmm...

Somehow that valve got locked up due to the pressure...possibly in the load checks?

Any chance you can post a picture of the valve?

/ loader valve broke or lift cylinder #8  
I purchased my ARK System 9000 Loader (Simplicity Product #1690157) in ... Of primary concern are the hoses that connect the steel lines to the control valve. There are two types of cylinders Lift and Tilt, identify each end as Rod ..
Two of the cylinder rods were badly bent, likely when the lift arms broke.