Selector valve for adding remotes

/ Selector valve for adding remotes #1  

jas67

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610 + Kubota G1800-S
It looks like I might be able to save a little money by using a dual selector valve instead of a dual spool power beyond valve to add remotes to my B7100HST. This would also solve the problem of where to mount the valve.

Since the B7100HST only has 3GPM of hydraulic flow, I'm assuming that flow should not be a problem.

Any caveats that I should be aware of before I embark on this. :rolleyes:

I'd like to add dual rear remotes, with the possibility of adding a circuit from one of them heading up the loader for grapple in the future.

The rear remotes would be used for a hydraulic top link, and for power angle control on my back blade, and possibly hydraulic control of the snow blower chute.

Any advice of stories of lessons learned would be appreciated. :D

The more I ready TBN, the more ideas I get for things to buy for/add to my little 'bota. :eek:

Thanks,
Jay

/ Selector valve for adding remotes #2  
Get the Spool valve...You won't spend that much more. A lot of earlier Kubota's have 3-way valve's for the FEL and can cause problems when using a diverter to power a plow blade from the dump/curl circuit.

Search the term "regen" in this and the Kubota forum for lots of reading.

/ Selector valve for adding remotes
I have a Woods DuAl 145 loader, so do you think that loader valve is a problem?

/ Selector valve for adding remotes #4  
I have a Woods DuAl 145 loader, so do you think that loader valve is a problem?

I have NO clue...But I don't think Woods used 3-way valves-maybe a call to them could confirm.

/ Selector valve for adding remotes #5  
jas,

If you decide to just use a valve, a great source for those of us with low flow rates (less than 5 gpm) is spools off of older John Deere garden tractors. They can be had for relatively cheap, parts break downs are available online at JDparts.com, and you can get parts at any JD dealer! Don't worry, they're usually panted black so they won't clash on an Orange tractor:D Heck, they don't even say John Deere on them! They are open center with power beyond and of very good quality.

They're available in 1, 2, and 3 spools, have 1 with float usually, and are very compact.

Ebay has a good selection from reputable salvagers. There's currently a 3 spool with float on 1 for a buy it now of $89. If you're patient and bid on a few they can be had for less than $50.

Here's a pic of one bound for my JD 2210.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Hyd Valve.jpg
    Hyd Valve.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 226