Tractor
    Kubota B7610 + Kubota G1800-S

Talking Selector valve for adding remotes

It looks like I might be able to save a little money by using a dual selector valve instead of a dual spool power beyond valve to add remotes to my B7100HST. This would also solve the problem of where to mount the valve.

Since the B7100HST only has 3GPM of hydraulic flow, I'm assuming that flow should not be a problem.

Any caveats that I should be aware of before I embark on this.

I'd like to add dual rear remotes, with the possibility of adding a circuit from one of them heading up the loader for grapple in the future.

The rear remotes would be used for a hydraulic top link, and for power angle control on my back blade, and possibly hydraulic control of the snow blower chute.

Any advice of stories of lessons learned would be appreciated.

The more I ready TBN, the more ideas I get for things to buy for/add to my little 'bota.

Thanks,
    Jay
    '05 B7610 w/ LA352 FEL
    Everything Attachments Pin-on Pallet Forks, home-made FEL quick attach to swap between these forks and the bucket, Dual rear remotes, CCM Top-N-Tilt, Woods SB60 snowblower, 66" United box blade, 60" back blade (cheapo, old and rusty), 60" KK rake, Woods PHD w/ 9" auger, Yanmar RS1303 3pt tiller, Kubota Ballast box (came with the tractor), Farm Force Carry All.
    '9? G1800S, 48" MMM. 70's Troy Bilt Horse tiller with new 6.5HP briggs engine.

The means justify the ends.

Tractor
    John Deere 4110

Default Re: Selector valve for adding remotes

Get the Spool valve...You won't spend that much more. A lot of earlier kubota's have 3-way valve's for the FEL and can cause problems when using a diverter to power a plow blade from the dump/curl circuit.

Search the term "regen" in this and the Kubota forum for lots of reading.
    John Deere 4110HST
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks, I-Match, Ballast Box, #380 plow (modified to fit), Markham LD-48 Grapple, Trac-Vac 854 and lots of other STUFF.

John Deere 4x2 Turf Gator

View some of my projects/adventures in my Picasa Album

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Tractor
    Kubota B7610 + Kubota G1800-S

I have a Woods DuAl 145 loader, so do you think that loader valve is a problem?
    '05 B7610 w/ LA352 FEL
    Everything Attachments Pin-on Pallet Forks, home-made FEL quick attach to swap between these forks and the bucket, Dual rear remotes, CCM Top-N-Tilt, Woods SB60 snowblower, 66" United box blade, 60" back blade (cheapo, old and rusty), 60" KK rake, Woods PHD w/ 9" auger, Yanmar RS1303 3pt tiller, Kubota Ballast box (came with the tractor), Farm Force Carry All.
    '9? G1800S, 48" MMM. 70's Troy Bilt Horse tiller with new 6.5HP briggs engine.

The means justify the ends.

Tractor
    John Deere 4110

Quote Originally Posted by jas67 View Post
    I have a Woods DuAl 145 loader, so do you think that loader valve is a problem?
    I have NO clue...But I don't think Woods used 3-way valves-maybe a call to them could confirm.
    John Deere 4110HST
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks, I-Match, Ballast Box, #380 plow (modified to fit), Markham LD-48 Grapple, Trac-Vac 854 and lots of other STUFF.

John Deere 4x2 Turf Gator

View some of my projects/adventures in my Picasa Album

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

KML
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 3520, 300CX, 448

jas,

If you decide to just use a valve, a great source for those of us with low flow rates (less than 5 gpm) is spools off of older John deere garden tractors. They can be had for relatively cheap, parts break downs are available online at JDparts.com, and you can get parts at any JD dealer! Don't worry, they're usually panted black so they won't clash on an Orange tractor Heck, they don't even say John Deere on them! They are open center with power beyond and of very good quality.

They're available in 1, 2, and 3 spools, have 1 with float usually, and are very compact.

Ebay has a good selection from reputable salvagers. There's currently a 3 spool with float on 1 for a buy it now of $89. If you're patient and bid on a few they can be had for less than $50.

Here's a pic of one bound for my JD 2210.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Selector valve for adding remotes-hyd-valve.jpg