Adding hydraulic chute rotator

/ Adding hydraulic chute rotator #1  

tmthunder

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510CH
Hello,
I am going to add a hydraulic chute rotator to my BX2750 front mount blower. I just purchased a NIB Char-Lynn 129-0470-002 hydraulic motor on ebay for $45.00. Will this work for my application? I have a B7610 w/LA352FEL and plan on using the bucket dump and curl functions of the FEL joystick. Figured that price plus hydraulic hoses is much cheaper than buying one from Kubota for almost $700. What are your thoughts? Thanks!
Brian

/ Adding hydraulic chute rotator #2  
I bought one of those motors with the same intent for my 3PH snowblower. I haven't fooled with it yet, but I am concerned about the rated RPM of that motor. At 5.5 gpm it rotates at 650 RPM. And, with 446 ft/lbs of torque it is likely just a little bit overpowered.
It can be made to work, maybe some kind of flow restriction, just pay attention and don't twist your spout off.
Since I picked my hydraulic motor up on ebay, I've seen pictures of a couple of setups on here and I've pretty much decided to go with electric rotation and deflection. I have until next winter to 'run across' the appropriate electric motor and linear actuator. In fact, I have some stuff kicking around that might work, I just need some good weather to go play with it.
Check this thread:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...e-rotation-discharge-again-2.html#post1628667
Post #15 has a picture of what the dealership put on for me.

/ Adding hydraulic chute rotator
I think that the torque is in inch pounds not foot pounds though. I am in hopes that I will be able to feather the controls so that it will not mess up the chute. I guess I should also look into setting up a stop or limit on the chute. Thanks for that idea! There seem to be a good number of guys from Maine on here that is good to see. I live in central/northern Maine.

/ Adding hydraulic chute rotator #4  
I think that the torque is in inch pounds not foot pounds though. I am in hopes that I will be able to feather the controls so that it will not mess up the chute. I guess I should also look into setting up a stop or limit on the chute. Thanks for that idea! There seem to be a good number of guys from Maine on here that is good to see. I live in central/northern Maine.

Why yes, it is inch pounds. 37 ft/lbs is a whole lot easier to manage.
650 RPM is still pretty quick!

/ Adding hydraulic chute rotator #5  
Depending on your actuator 650 rpm is not bad. Use a small chain wheel on the motor & a large on the chute. Or pulleys. 360 rotation. Just don't leave the valve in float mode.

/ Adding hydraulic chute rotator #6  
Depending on your actuator 650 rpm is not bad. Use a small chain wheel on the motor & a large on the chute. Or pulleys. 360 rotation. Just don't leave the valve in float mode.

IF I used this motor to spin the chute, the easiest way to rig it would be direct drive to the crank handle that got taken off. Gearboxes, pulleys, chains and sprockets.... that's a whole lot of extra fabrication.
I read somewhere that hydraulic flow can be restricted. I think that would be the way to go. Restict the flow to give reasonable response and still allow feathering at the spool valve.
On the other hand, electric is one speed. But easier to hook up, for me at least. I have an old electric jack from a travel trailer (basically a linear actuator on steroids), the motor and gearbox from which have great potential. I recently grabbed a small linear actuator off ebay. These, my buddy's welder, and a couple of DPDT momentary switches and I should be tinkering!