Fluid For Ford 4610

/ Fluid For Ford 4610 #1  

guyross

I bought a 1984 Ford 4610su last spring and serviced everything except the hydraulic fluid and filter. I have been pricing fluid and there is a broad spectrum in price. I didn't get a service manual with the tractor and haven't been able to find one to even know how much fluid is required. Is one fluid better that the other? I'm thinking of using a Baldwin filter. I would appreciate any advice. The lift works good. The only thing is like many it will leak down after the engine is shut down for a while. No leaks. Also can someone recommend a diesel motor oil. I used Rotella last year but can remember the viscosity.

/ Fluid For Ford 4610 #2  
The hydraulic oil is also the rear axle lubricant on the 4610 so you need to use an oil that meets the Ford/NH 134 spec. You can't use a straight hydraulic oil since it has no lubricant for the rear eand. I think it takes about 12 -13 gallons. Many people will only run high $$ 134 oil from the New Holland dealer. Myself I have been using Traveller brand UTF from TSC. Some even swear by Wal-Marts Supertech UTF. They all meet the Ford/NH 134 spec. Just depends on how much you want to spend to feel your getting a good oil.

I have no experience with Baldwin filters.

Most around here use Rotella 15W-40 in diesel engines. I use it in my gas engines as well.

/ Fluid For Ford 4610 #3  
I've been using the walmart UTF for a while.. no lube issues to report yet..

soundguy