Painting valve body

/ Painting valve body #1  

Eric_Phillips

Platinum Member
Tractor
FarmTrac 270DTC
Is there any reason that I should not paint the valve body for my new rear remotes? I was going to leave the dust caps that came with the valve in when I paint it.

/ Painting valve body #2  
If any portion of the actual valve spools are exposed, coat them and the spool seals with Vaseline or grease to keep the paint off these parts. Then paint away.

/ Painting valve body #3  
G'day there is no reason not to paint in fact we paint any non painted item we fit to machinery, there is nothing worse than seeing your nice new valve go rusty before your eyes just be careful that you dont paint the bit of spool that will go into the valve when you operate it a bit of grease on the spool is the easiest way to stop paint from sticking good luck:)

Jon

/ Painting valve body
Thanks for the quick replies. With the dust covers on and the boots around the levers the spools are well covered. I was going to mask off the boots and levers then paint away.

/ Painting valve body #5  
Go ahead and match it up with the tractor paint or paint a contrasting paint. Clean with brake cleaner to degrease, and tape off whatever, and lightly steel wool the valve, and put a good primer coat, and the top coat.

/ Painting valve body #6  
Eric: I pulled the boots off (tough to get paint off rubber, masked the caps on the alt hyd ports and exposed valve parts, left the caps in the ORB ports and painted away. Turned out great.