Water in my ford 1710 shared Hydraulic/transmission oil

/ Water in my ford 1710 shared Hydraulic/transmission oil #1  

North Dakota

Silver Member
Tractor
'84 Ford 1710
I've noticed that my oil appears to be "coffee with creamer color". I believe it is water. When I drain the oil I'll put some in a clear jar and let it sit to see if it separates into oil and water to make sure. I will change oil & filter but am concerned with the fluid remaining in the lines to the loader and to the 3 pt hitch. Cannot figure a way to get that oil completely out (aside from disconnecting everyline).

Is there anything I can add to the old oil before draining or add to the new oil after change that would grab and hold the water from the remaining oil until the next change? Looking for advice on how thorough I have to be in changing the oil?

I think the water may have gotten in from above where the cover over the transmission is located. I'll clean the one dirty area on the backside of the plate and it will get dirty again. It is a very small leak as the oil never drips off the side it just collects dirt. Would silicone sealing this area from the outside keep the water out? Probably not that hard to change the gasket I suppose if water is in the oil.

/ Water in my ford 1710 shared Hydraulic/transmission oil #2  
On the TPH, just let it lower all the way down and that will remove all the oil. If you raise the loader all the way up you can then loosen the line and weight of the loader will force out the oil .When you drain the case make sure you remove all the drain pulgs.My 1900 has 3. Seafoam work verry good .
Bill

/ Water in my ford 1710 shared Hydraulic/transmission oil
Hooked,

Should I use the seafoam before draining or add to the new oil after the change?

I'll probably just make sure all of my cylinders on the loader are retracted fully and just disconnect each end of each line that should drain most fluid.

Thanks

/ Water in my ford 1710 shared Hydraulic/transmission oil #4  
Use the seafoam before you drain the oil. Add it to the oil and let it run for a while.Raise and lower the the loader to get it circulated through the system.
Bill

/ Water in my ford 1710 shared Hydraulic/transmission oil #5  
How hard is it to replace a water pump on My 1710 Ford tractor.