Ford 1210 Hydraulics

/ Ford 1210 Hydraulics #1  

Harbruce

Tractor
Ford 1210
The control arms on my Ford 1210 suddeny stopped lifting. They can be raised by hand but then fall back to the bottom position.

The front hydraulics work fine.

What would you check and in what order?

I posted this under New Holland Owning/Operating yesterday. Thanks to JC-jetro and Soundguy for thier help already.

Harbruce

/ Ford 1210 Hydraulics #2  
Did you check to make sure you are not low on hydralic fluid?

/ Ford 1210 Hydraulics #3  
The control arms on my Ford 1210 suddeny stopped lifting. They can be raised by hand but then fall back to the bottom position.

The front hydraulics work fine.

What would you check and in what order?

I posted this under New Holland Owning/Operating yesterday. Thanks to JC-jetro and Soundguy for thier help already.

Harbruce

Harbruce,

Were you able to establish if you have flow to the lift piston? don't think you have bad pump since you said the "front hydraulics" work. I know you do not have a tandem pump (two seperate pumps with one main shaft) so you either got flow or no flow. I have a stong suspicion that your lift piston seal is compromised. On 1000 seris Ford seal replacement is a very easy job. Under $15 and one hr and you should be able to replace the old worn out seal. Do a search in Ford operation and I have a thread in there that'll give you bunch of info. Give us more clues and we'll steer you in the right direction.

JC,

PS. I would rule out the level of fluid for the following reasons; pump suction is absolute lowest point of hyd system and at even low level pump will be able to pump as the pump inlet stays primed. If the oil level is that low you'd destroy transmission before damaging the pump and you'd hear bunch of grinding noise out of transmission. A plugged inlet screen or any spin in oil filter in the system can cause pump cavitation causing no flow which does not seem to be your problem per statements made.