Bronze Member
    Tractor
    7510 bota...RTV 900

Default Brave 24 ton log splitter with a leaking cylinder

I have a 30 year old 24 ton Brave unit that has a pretty bad cylinder leak. Has anyone rebuilt the cylinder? If yes, were do I get parts?

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Default Re: Brave 24 ton log splitter with a leaking cylinder

My father in law has the same unit about that year. Brave is still in business so you could go that route, just look them up on the net. I take all my cylinders to the local hydro shop when I get the seals and they put them in and ops check it for $25. Money well spent since I have torn up new seals trying it myself.

Chris

Gold Member
    Western Ontario http://www.tagzania.com/item/21497
    Tractor
    Bobcat 553, 773, S185, Nh LS 160

Most of the hydraulic cylinders use farely common seals available at local hydraulic shop by matching with the old ones, or even by measuring the piston and gland nut grooves and ram diameter and cylinder bore.
    Ken
    Dealer for Erskine ATI Wallenstein Baumalight Tracks Plus Dexter Axels & Wix.

NH LS 160, Tn75da, Bobcat 773 S185 Longlist of Attachments
    www.skidsteerforum.com
    Location http://www.tagzania.com/item/21497
    NW Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Dongerosa View Post
    I have a 30 year old 24 ton Brave unit that has a pretty bad cylinder leak. Has anyone rebuilt the cylinder? If yes, were do I get parts?
    I just bought one. Says Brave Big Chief seller said it was 24 ton. Do you have a manual to it? 8hp Briggs real low to the ground horizontal type. Anything you can tell me about it will help.