Prince LV series valves

/ Prince LV series valves #1  

samohn

Tractor
1988 Deutz Allis 5220
Hello to all.

I am in need of replacing the loader valve on my 89 Deutz Allis 5220 and, after doing some research, am interested in the Prince LV series valves. I am having a lot of trouble finding pricing for these valves, or any online sites that sell the valves for that matter.

I was just going to ask the opinion of everyone on the board of the Prince LV series valves and if there are any other better options for me.

Thanks for your help.

Scott

/ Prince LV series valves
Bruce,

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I should have been more specific. Having reviewed the LV series valves, I was trying to find the "LVS series circuit" valve. This is what I could not find on the Surplus City website.

The Prince website explains that the series configuration offers multifunction operation as opposed to the parallel configuration.

I may not quite understand the difference between series and parallel. I did do a search on this, but was somewhat confused by the explanation that was provided.

Thanks

Scott

/ Prince LV series valves #5  
Surplus Center has joystick valves for $200 and under...Why are you so interested in the LV series?

Maybe I am reading too much into it. I read the info on the Brand valves and also on the Prince valves. I just want to get a good, reliable valve that had minimal drift for my tractor. If the Brand valves are good, then they may be an option. Prince valves seem to have a good reputation. I have had issues in the past with drift and currently have major drifting issues with my Deutz which I believe to have mostly pinpointed to the valve.

Having previously owned a Kubota L3710 with a 681 loader, I really liked the meterability of the valve and the fact that drift was almost non-existent. That is was I am looking for with my Deutz.

If you feel the Brand valve will provide this, then I will certainly consider them.

Maybe I am also reading too much into the series versus parallel concept. Any direction here would be helpful as well.

Thanks for the help.

Scott

To add to my above comments. What I specifically dont understand about the whole series / parallel thing is as follows:

The Prince LVS valve states that it is "monoblock with series circuit construction"

The Prince LVT and LVR valve states that they are "monoblock with parallel circuit construction"

Apparently the differences are within the valve itself.

My question is What is the advantage of one over the other?

Scott

/ Prince LV series valves #8  
Sorry Scott for leaving you hangin'

I have no comment on the series/Parallel issue for you...it's a little above my pay grade unfortunately. I can say that several members hear have used the Brand series valves and been happy with them.

Thank you all for your responses. I have contacted the Surplus Center (Thanks kennyd for referencing them in a lot of your posts. They are easy to deal with) and ordered the Prince Lvs series valve. Based on the descriptions and the research I have done the series valve works a lot better when multi-functioning the loader as I frequently do with working dirt.

Thanks again.

Scott