remote valve on JM354 to operate a rollover plow

/ remote valve on JM354 to operate a rollover plow #1  

bjr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Jinma JM354
I'm hooking up a rollover plow that, has a double acting cylinder, to my Jinma JM354. I need to be able to lift the draft arms and then flip the plow. I've got a open center remote valve on it now and it flips the plow before raising the draft arms. The tractor has the function screw on the left side of the hydraulic case that if I turn it (I don't remember if it's in or out) it takes the draft arms out of the circuit and just powers the remote valve. I need the draft arms as well as the remote. Do I need a closed center double acting cylinder valve for this application? bjr

/ remote valve on JM354 to operate a rollover plow #2  
You definitely do NOT want a Closed Center valve-that will damage your hydraulic system.

Do you have a FEL on you machine? If so then it may be best to add a new valve that's fed from the PB port on it.

/ remote valve on JM354 to operate a rollover plow
I don't have a FEL. The reason I thought a closed center valve would be appropriate is that I can disconnect the remote valve at the quick disconnect and the draft arms work fine then. Wouldn't disconnecting the remote at the quick disconnect at the back of the tractor be the same as the closed center valve? bjr

/ remote valve on JM354 to operate a rollover plow #4  
I guess I don't understand how your Jinma is plumbed...Hopefully someone else who has more knowledge of the Jinma's will respond.

/ remote valve on JM354 to operate a rollover plow #5  
bjr,
Does your Jinma have one remote or two? (one "set" of remotes)
Reason I ask is because many of the Jinmas and other Chinese brands have what is called a "Half remote". It is used for a single acting cylinder. It is put into play as you describe by turning that knob, by shutting off hydraulic flow to the 3pt (now that doesn't work) and channeling fluid to the 1/2 remote. To use the 3pt again, you turn the knob the other way.

What most of us Chinese tractor owners have done is add another control valve for "real" rear remotes. You want an Open Center valve and you might as well get at least a 2 spool valve so you have 2 "Sets" of rear remotes. You plumb it into your hydraulic system and now you can use the 3pt and the rear remotes.

When you get your new valve, be sure to get one with "power beyond" in it. Without a loader, I would plumb the high pressure line from your hydraulic pump to the new valve and a return line to tank or sump. Use the power beyond port to feed your 3pt and your system should work perfectly. Does your 354 have 2 hydraulic pumps (one for power steering, one for the 3pt) or just one?

I just added a 4 spool rear remote valve to my wife's Jinma for a top and tilt system plus remotes, and you might want to look at that thread. There were a lot of things I did to her tractor, but the addition of the valve is in there.
Rob-
Go here: New Mods to Loretta's Jinma 284

I have one set of remotes, pressure and return to the tank. Does the power beyond setup have a pressure relief valve built in? I would be concerned about having a saftey of somekind with valve in between the pump and the 3 pt lift. I can see what your talking about now. I need the 3pt to lift then be able to rotate the plow. bjr

I forgot to add, yes, I have two hydraulic pumps, one for power steering and one for 3pt. bjr

/ remote valve on JM354 to operate a rollover plow #8  
I have one set of remotes, pressure and return to the tank. Does the power beyond setup have a pressure relief valve built in? I would be concerned about having a saftey of somekind with valve in between the pump and the 3 pt lift. I can see what your talking about now. I need the 3pt to lift then be able to rotate the plow. bjr

Most valves have a pressure relief valve in them, and most are adjustable to suit your pump max psi.
I believe in your case it is around 2280psi. I set Loretta's relief valves on her 284 at 2250psi to be safe. The power beyond is usually an option, so you could get the same valve without power beyond if you are not planning on feeding another valve down the line. In your case, I would get it since you want to feed the 3pt valve after the new valve. That will avoid any functional problems with either valve in your system.

One thing I did is add a pressure relief valve right after the pump high pressure output.
On her tractor, she has a loader. If she ever disconnected the loader and ever forgets to plug the hyd lines back together so the fluid could continue to flow, the pressure relief valve would prevent her pump from blowing up. In your case, you would not need that. If you ran the high pressure line to a new valve with a pressure relief valve in it, that would work. I believe your 3pt valve has one built in it too, so you are good to go.

Another thing is she also had one "set" of rear remotes and a valve to control it.
However, it never worked very good. Perhaps it was not a true rear remote valve and needed that knob turned in order for it to work properly? Anyway, I replaced it with a 4 spool Prince SV valve and that set up works great. There is no need to turn that knob now ... the 3pt and new valve when each is activated... just like you want to do. You may not need a 4 spool and a one, two or 3 spool would be less expensive. But I would get at least a 2 spool valve so you have 2 sets to use for whatever you want. While you're at it, you may as well install a $15 pressure gauge to monitor the system.

Did you go to that link to check out the valve and installation?
Here is another thread starting on post #130 about the other valves on her tractor. That might be of interest also.
Rob-
Go here: My New Jinma

Last edited:
Since I last posted I've been to the local hydraulics shop and to the local Western wear/tractor parts store shopping. The ww/tp store had a Cross w/power beyound port and two spools valve that had been setting so long it was dusty and outta the box and no handles and was marked $250. I offered $100 and the manager took it. The one spool has a extra thick block on the back but I was told that was probably the 3 detent model on that spool. Anyway I'm up with the power beyond thing now, gotta get home and get that rather large monocast valve mounted kinda like what you did with Loretta's tractor. thanks for the advice I think I might finally get this plow to rollover like it's suppose to. bjr

/ remote valve on JM354 to operate a rollover plow #10  
That's good news.
I've got a 3 spool monoblock Prince valve on my Kama and it is big too.
Did your valve have the power beyond sleeve in the power beyond port? Sometimes they put a plug in them and you need the sleeve for it to work properly. I presume if it was advertised as power beyond, it has the sleeve in it.

Also, if it does have one detented spool, that's great for running say a log splitter where you don't have to hold the handle down with a bungee cord. On the other hand, make sure that spool is in nuetral since it won't spring back to center automatically. I did that and Loretta's tractor bogged down. I couldn't figure out why until I realized I tried to start it with the detented lever down. It was trying to feed a remote with no where to go.
Good luck with your project...
Rob-