bobcat 863 f series hydraulic system

/ bobcat 863 f series hydraulic system #1  

rickey

Tractor
bob cat skidsteer863 f series
I thinl I hay have an electrical issue with my lift. After cranking it would curl but not lift. It would only curl for a minute or so then I would have to turn it off recrank and activate the green traction button to engage system. It has now quit curling or lifting. I do not have a manual and the guy helping me asked me to post this. we have no idea on where to begin. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. We have changed the fluid and filter. Thanks in advance for any ideas on what to look at. I do have joystick controls:confused:

/ bobcat 863 f series hydraulic system #2  
First...does it drive? If not it's likely the drive belt between engine and pump needs replacing..it's old enough to need one.

Next on the panel behind your right elbow, what lights are not lit (if any) with the engine running, seatbar down and parking brake off the set. it's old enough that the seat bar sensor could be bad or misaligned if the machine's kinda beat.

Don't mean to imply the machine is old...just F's are now 9-10-11 yrs old.

Remote possibility also is that some how your auxillaries are stuck in the on position (they should reset everytime you turn off the machine but again sometime the valve hand up, the aux get it's oil from the same place as lift/curl so if it's stuck on with no attachment on it will not lift /curl well or at all.

/ bobcat 863 f series hydraulic system
Thanks for the reply. The machine does run and noe of the lights are on in the box under my right elbow. Like I said earlier the curl did work for a little while but I would have to keep shutting the machine down and restarting to reengage it and then it would go out again. All this time the lift would not lift. Finally after running for a while the curling even started not engaging. Is their a solenoid or some type of switch on the hydraulic filter or could it be electrical? Thanks again for any help. The machine has 2836 hours on it and has been maintained pretty well.Thanks again

First...does it drive? If not it's likely the drive belt between engine and pump needs replacing..it's old enough to need one.

Next on the panel behind your right elbow, what lights are not lit (if any) with the engine running, seatbar down and parking brake off the set. it's old enough that the seat bar sensor could be bad or misaligned if the machine's kinda beat.

Don't mean to imply the machine is old...just F's are now 9-10-11 yrs old.

Remote possibility also is that some how your auxillaries are stuck in the on position (they should reset everytime you turn off the machine but again sometime the valve hand up, the aux get it's oil from the same place as lift/curl so if it's stuck on with no attachment on it will not lift /curl well or at all.
If anyone is reading this I checked the lights on the panel today with machine running and the only one that is not lit up is the valve light,.. We checked the sensor on the bar and it sems to be working.

/ bobcat 863 f series hydraulic system #5  
If anyone is reading this I checked the lights on the panel today with machine running and the only one that is not lit up is the valve light,.. We checked the sensor on the bar and it sems to be working.

The bics valve is not unlocking by the sounds of it, or that light would be lit when you push the "push to operate" button. On some of the bics machine you can attach a power wire and ground wire to this valve to unlock it. On my old 553c it was in the right rear corner of the frame, a aluminum cube with a coil on one side and two wires coming from the coil. But not sure on your F.
If the Aux hydraulics are stickiing on, you should be able to hear the machine labour a bit and the hyd oil squealing over the relief valve. If you put a hose looping the front couplers from one to the other and the lift and tilt begins to work then aux flow sticking is your culprit. However usually when this happens the foot pedal function are a goofy in their responce and tend to move the boom or bucket the wrong way but do try to move.

I'm still betting on the bics valve. Its designed to lock the lift and tilt for safety reasons when the operator lifts the seat bar (or on some earlier machines operator is not sitting on the seat,or some forein object is under the seat holding it up.
You could also bypass this valve on my 553 by putting a hose in its place for testing purposes.

If you bics valve has power and a gound going to it the coil on the valve may be burnt out. Not sure what the common problems are with these.
Often the seat switch of seat bar switch cause this trouble, but then the bark brake should not be releasing either until you push the "traction lock override" button Usually yellow in color.

Ken

Thanks for the avise i will let you know how it comes out.Again many thanks.

:):)Thanks for the advice i will let you know how it comes out.Again many thanks.

/ bobcat 863 f series hydraulic system #8  
:):)Thanks for the advice i will let you know how it comes out.Again many thanks.

Hello, I have the same problem. Could I ask if you ever figured this out?

Thanks,

Luke

/ bobcat 863 f series hydraulic system #9  
bucket wont go up or down lift light fiashes off on bob cat 883 what to do

/ bobcat 863 f series hydraulic system #10  
does anybody know what to do when bucket wont go up or down and the lift light is flashing on and off please help