Cylinder Cap Removal Help

/ Cylinder Cap Removal Help #11  
Exetrmely difficult to tell the manufacturer by a picture. Well, most of the time it's difficult even with the cylinder in your hand. best thing is to go to a shop and see if they can match up the seals. Do yourself a favor and clean everything up real nice so they don't have to get their hands real dirty while looking through the books.

/ Cylinder Cap Removal Help
its all degreased and wrapped in plastic. not so much so they don't get greasy, but so me and my car don't!

/ Cylinder Cap Removal Help
my local vendor has all the seals i need and installed them in the cap for me for $40. i figured that was a good deal.

however, he does not have a replacement wire to lock the cap on with. like i said, the circumference of the cap is about 14". i pulled out a length of wire about 10" long. he says its ok to reuse the old wire as long as it covers have the circumference. what do you think? will it be ok to reuse the wire?

/ Cylinder Cap Removal Help #14  
Hate to be a party pooper and coming to the party late. I have a splitter
with a cylinder like that. It was an Agway splitter made by Didier. The cylinder was a Heil .
Not that this will help you . I got a kit from Agway and rebuilt the shaft seal . Did not help still leaked. Replaced the cylinder with a Prince from NH.
Had to cut the rear cylinder mount off to mount it.
I guess there is more than one way to fix a leaking seal. The second way just costs more.

/ Cylinder Cap Removal Help #15  
my local vendor has all the seals i need and installed them in the cap for me for $40. i figured that was a good deal.

however, he does not have a replacement wire to lock the cap on with. like i said, the circumference of the cap is about 14". i pulled out a length of wire about 10" long. he says its ok to reuse the old wire as long as it covers have the circumference. what do you think? will it be ok to reuse the wire?

You should be okay with the old wire. Not what I would do for a customer, but on my own stuff if I didn't have the wire right there, I might do that. if you want the wire, try here. Hercules Sealing Products.