Modify Hydraulics to remove FEL

/ Modify Hydraulics to remove FEL #1  

Marada

Tractor
Iseki 1700F
I'd like to get feedback on an idea to modify the hydraulics on my Iseki tractor. At the present, it has an FEL that looks like it was tapped into the existing main hydraulic line. The main looks to be about 3/4 of an inch and the FEL lines look to be 1/4 inch. Adapters were used to drop the size down then take it back after the FEL. My idea is to use 2 Tee's and a manual shut off valve. Break the main line, install a tee, then the shut off valve, then the other Tee. On each Tee, install a quick connect and install the mate on the corresponding FEL line. When the FEL is installed, close the valve which places the FEL in series with the hydraulics. When I remove the FEL, open the valve. I thought about a direction control valve but it dawned on me that even with that, if I have it switched to the FEL with the FEL removed I have no feed. So just a simple on/off would accomplish the same thing. Just have to remember to open the valve with the FEL removed. Any Thoughts?

/ Modify Hydraulics to remove FEL #2  
Sounds doable...

But why not just use QD's (quick disconnects) instead of the T's and a valve?

/ Modify Hydraulics to remove FEL
If I just put tee's in I figure that the FEL would not work when hooked up because the fluid would follow the path of least resistance and bypass the FEL valve.

/ Modify Hydraulics to remove FEL #4  
If I just put tee's in I figure that the FEL would not work when hooked up because the fluid would follow the path of least resistance and bypass the FEL valve.

Correct, I never said to use T's, I said QD's.

If you have a Female QD on the line coming from the pump, and a Male QD going towards the rear-then you just couple them together when the FEL is removed, and uncouple them to plug the loader into. This seems less complicated and will take up a lot less room the what you are proposing.