Kubota M4800- help on rear hyd. install

/ Kubota M4800- help on rear hyd. install #1  

jayste

Veteran Member
"Sold the 1/4 of a 1/4 but still tractorin' "
Tractor
2004 Kubota M4800 SU
I have a 2004 M4800 S/U Kubota and want to install rear hydraulics on it. As it stands all I have is the 3PH, no draft and no FEL. Where do I start?:confused:
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jay

/ Kubota M4800- help on rear hyd. install #2  
Have you tried your dealer?

/ Kubota M4800- help on rear hyd. install #4  
Jay,

The SU (special utility) was built as a price fighter so it did not have the casting to mount the auxiliary valves.

There is a kidney shaped cover on the side of the transmission that has several drilled and tapped holes behind it - one has to be plugged with a specail plug available from your Kubota dealer. (There is a service bulletin on this)

Of the remaining two ports, one will supply fluid under pressure from the hitch pump and one is the return port. You can now supply an open center valve for auxiliary, loader, log splitter - whatever you need hydraulically.

Again, like Kenny says - go to the dealer and get the special plug part number from the service bulletin and you will be in business.

Good luck!

/ Kubota M4800- help on rear hyd. install
Yankee Clipper, thanks for the insight. I guess a trip to the local dealer is in store. I kind of thought this tractor was that way. I bought it from my F-I-L who bought it new. He never had need for rear remote but I'd like to have it for future implements. Thanks again.

Jay