Hydraulic cylinder

/ Hydraulic cylinder #1  

Hookblock

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4310
Is there a way to id a cylinder with out knowing what you have? I have two used cylinders to use on my dump trailer, seemed in good shape. But the packing is bad on one of the cylinders. Can you get a generic packing kit, if you know the dimensions? Thanks

/ Hydraulic cylinder #2  
You would need to measure the seals and the packings individually to make sure to get the right ones...Or you can take them to a local shop and have them do it.

/ Hydraulic cylinder #3  
I reckon you could have a fairly good guess based on the OD.

Take a 1/4" off the OD (1/8" for each wall) and see whether you arrive at a common imperial size.

Thats assuming you have reason to believe it to be an imperial cylinder.

/ Hydraulic cylinder
Thanks guys, I am to the point that I don't like to take stuff to somebody, just get the parts and do it my self. I'll take the cylinders apart tonight, see what I come up with. Might have to take them in.

/ Hydraulic cylinder #5  
Hercules Sealing Products. These guys have the best seal catalog and the easiest to use I have seen. match up your seal style, measure id, od, and height, then place the order. Simple as that.

You may want to price a local shop. Might not be worth you even bothering with them.
Good luck. Andy.

/ Hydraulic cylinder
Andy, thanks for the link

/ Hydraulic cylinder
Well this is what I have, I can find the O rings at Hercules Sealing Products. But I don't know what the red colored ring is or what it is called :eek:. Thanks for the help

Attachments

• IMG_1596.JPG
    IMG_1596.JPG
    248.3 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1597.JPG
    IMG_1597.JPG
    349.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1598.JPG
    IMG_1598.JPG
    352.6 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1599.JPG
    IMG_1599.JPG