victor fluid power control valve

/ victor fluid power control valve #1  

juiceman39

would anyone have opened one of these up and repaired them. I cant find any diagrams, its a mid-1970's 2 lever valve. How would I get the proper size O-rings without a parts breakdown? I have some measuring tools.
thanks. steve

/ victor fluid power control valve #2  
You can just measure the O-rings...

/ victor fluid power control valve #3  
Would you really rely on the measurement of old o-rings. It seems like they might be flatten, or swollen, or even decreased some. Perhaps you could measure the bore, in several places, and measure the grove on the spool, and the width of the groove to get a more accurate o-ring. Maybe take it to the people that repair them and either let them repair, or find you the correct o-rings, and save on that labor charge @. $45 to $60 per hour.

Last edited:
   / victor fluid power control valve #4  
Would you really rely on the measurement of old o-rings.

Yes-to a degree. There are standard sizes of o-rings, and in the mid 70's I seriously doubt there was anything exotic used in his valve. The old ones can certainly be used to figure out what he needs or at least get him very close so he could but the next size up/down to have them on hand since they are only pennies a piece.

Here is a site often recommended by Andy at Wayne County Hose for seals: Hercules Sealing Products