Satoh S370 Little Beaver Hydraulics Questions

/ Satoh S370 Little Beaver Hydraulics Questions #1  

billchap

Tractor
Satoh 370 Little Beaver
I am new to the form, new to tractors, I just purchased my first Satoh S370 Little Beaver two wheel drive, sunk about 1000 dollars into the deisel system geting it rebuilt from the injector pump to the tips. Now that it is running like a champ. When I ran it up to full throttle it started spewing fluid hydraulic fluid that was creamy yellow from every place it could leak,:confused:, the guy that rebuilt the fuel system told me it had water in it and had over filled the hydraulic system from rain water, because the shifter boot was missing and the tractor had sat out side for over a year, prior to me purchasing it.

I had a few questions in regards to the hydraulics.
1. where is the place to drain the hydraulic fluid?
2. After drained what type of hydraulic fluid does it (S370 Beaver) use?
3. How do i tell if it is full?

:DAny help is greatly appreciated!
best regards to all who read this....
BillChap
billchap2002@yahoo.com

/ Satoh S370 Little Beaver Hydraulics Questions #2  
Most use transmission/hydraulic oil. That's what I use in my Satoh and Mitsubishi. Have had no problems. Should be two drain plugs on the bottom of the rear end. They will have square heads. (pipe plugs) Drain that oil out and put about 3.5 gallons back in. There should be a black plastic plug on top of the transmission for filling. There is a fill plug on the left side of the transmission case that looks like a bolt that's not doing anything. It is a hex head. Remove that bolt/plug and you can tell it's full when oil starts running out. There is also a filter that will need to be removed and cleaned. It is on the bottom right side and held in with two small bolts. It is a tube screen. If there are holes in the screen you will need to replace it. You can look at diagrams of this stuff by going to Valley Power and choose parts, then scroll down to the 370. These folks post here along with several other good vendors. There is a satoh and mitsubishi group on here too. Somebody will probably tell you to post your satoh questions there. You might have to flush the system to get all the water out.

/ Satoh S370 Little Beaver Hydraulics Questions #3  
My beaver runs great as long as I don't mind the fluid goning our the rubber boot. My three year old grandson destroyed mine. I haven't been able to find another one. When you find out where to get one would you let me know.
Best of luck with you tractor they are sure a work horse.
Country Gal

/ Satoh S370 Little Beaver Hydraulics Questions #4  
I got a new rubber shifter boot for my beaver, from tractor supply.