Valve connected to rear remotes?

/ Valve connected to rear remotes? #1  

anojones

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3320
I've been reading a bunch of threads trying to figure out this hydraulic stuff and have what I think is a simple question. I'm adding a set of rear remotes to my JD 3320 (for a CCM top link) which connects to existing ports on the tractor valve block. It includes hard lines to the back of the tractor and a control lever.
I'm curious if I can add a double selector valve to the quick connects on the rear remotes so I could divert the control to a tilt or perhaps to a grapple up front. I realize I wouldn't be able to use the top and tilt at the same time, but could tilt when needed than divert back to the top link. Is there any issue with this? A manual switch would probably be fine, but I do have room on my fender panel for a switch, so could use an electric one.

This:
https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009071018443340&item=9-5117-A&catname=hydraulic

or maybe this:
https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009073110535492&item=9-4128&catname=hydraulic

Is there a source for a smaller GPM valve (i.e. cheaper?)?

/ Valve connected to rear remotes? #2  
What you are planning is a viable option for what you want to do. The two diverter's you linked are the cheapest also...Just a note that most often the smaller valves cost more money that the larger ones do.

The other option for your TnT would be to feed a new joystick valve with the Power Beyond kit, and use the rear remote for the grapple.

/ Valve connected to rear remotes?
I hadn't thought of using the PB, my understanding is that if I put a valve on the PB I'll lose my 3-point while using it- but I could use the PB and a joystick valve for the future grapple which wouldn't be used at the same time. Thanks for the help.

/ Valve connected to rear remotes? #4  
You won't loose the 3PH if you plumb it properly. There are two returns-ones goes directly to the tank bypassing the 3PH and is used when the backhoe is mounted...the other return feeds the 3PH.

/ Valve connected to rear remotes? #5  
I just purchased a John Deere 4105 which has no rear remotes. I need to install a hydraulic top link, John Deere said that there is no kit avaiable or is possible to add rear remote. Any ideas on how this can be done. I also have a FEL installed, will I lose the function of the FEL when using the rear remote.

/ Valve connected to rear remotes? #6  
I just purchased a John Deere 4105 which has no rear remotes. I need to install a hydraulic top link, John Deere said that there is no kit avaiable or is possible to add rear remote. Any ideas on how this can be done. I also have a FEL installed, will I lose the function of the FEL when using the rear remote.

There is a "power beyond" kit available correct? With that you could add your own valve.

/ Valve connected to rear remotes? #7  
Thanks Kenny, will I lose the use of the FEL with the power beyond kit?

/ Valve connected to rear remotes? #8  
The answer is no, as the FEL has priority over the fluid. With the levers in neutral, you can use the rear functions, but when you activate the FEL, it takes control. Usually, you are not using both functions at the same time.