aux hyd

/ aux hyd #1  

lch

On the New Holland LS190B, when I move the handle to run an aux attachment, it kills the engine, like it is overloading it. Does it with no attachment on also. All regular fuses are ok, could it be an electrical relay? Reason I ask, before I noticed this problem, I was working, not aux attachment, and engine died and wouldn't start, found it was a fuse in overhead panel, so I wondered if something else shorted. Any ideas of what to look for?

/ aux hyd #2  
On the New Holland LS190B, when I move the handle to run an aux attachment, it kills the engine, like it is overloading it. Does it with no attachment on also. All regular fuses are ok, could it be an electrical relay? Reason I ask, before I noticed this problem, I was working, not aux attachment, and engine died and wouldn't start, found it was a fuse in overhead panel, so I wondered if something else shorted. Any ideas of what to look for?

In general, if the engine dies when a hydraulic operation is activated, it is because there is no place for the fluid to go. Although, there are well made pumps out there that will try and pump fluid , using all available HP, and therefore drag the engine down or off. There is something in the hyd circuit that is blocking the fluid, bad relief valve, bad Quick Disconnect. With an open center system, fluid will be pumped when the engine is running, and will circulate around through the valves, and back to tank. Anything that blocks the fluid will use some of the available HP. You may even get to the point of using all the available HP with nothing left to say, pull an attachment. That would be poor design, or you are over reaching in your expectations, of what your tractor can do.

Relief valves are designed to protect your parts on the tractor, cyl, valves, motors, hydrostatic transmission, etc

If the aux valve is controlled by a solenoid, then the wires to the solenoid might be shorting out, hence blown fuse.

GAGE, GAGE, GAGE. A gage will help you answer just about all your hydraulic problems, with a little theory about how hydraulics work.

A good wiring and hydraulic schematic is necessary to troubleshoot systems, and can save you lots of money in the long run.