Leak-is it fixable?

/ Leak-is it fixable? #1  

POC

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 4x4
I was bush hogging in some 3-4" trees. I made the mistake of backing up. I must have caught a hydraulic line on one of the stickups I made. Now I have a leak, but it is in a strange place.
I posted a picture below.

hydraulichose001.jpg

This is right in the "360* rotating area", sorry I can't think of the correct term.
Did I maybe snag the hose and torque this area causing a leak? Can a leak here be fixed, or will I have to get a new hose?

Thanks in Advance.
POC

/ Leak-is it fixable? #2  
I was bush hogging in some 3-4" trees. I made the mistake of backing up. I must have caught a hydraulic line on one of the stickups I made. Now I have a leak, but it is in a strange place.
I posted a picture below.

hydraulichose001.jpg

This is right in the "360* rotating area", sorry I can't think of the correct term.
Did I maybe snag the hose and torque this area causing a leak? Can a leak here be fixed, or will I have to get a new hose?

Thanks in Advance.
POC

Is there enough slack to just put a new fitting on? If not, cut back about 12 in and add a short hose and new fittings. Maybe an addition like below.

http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/product_p/5404n.htm

/ Leak-is it fixable? #3  
yep.. I agree.. replace that end.. one way or another.. oring likely gone if it is a swivel and leaking..

soundguy

/ Leak-is it fixable?
I'm ignorant when it comes to things hydraulic. The long grey end on the hose seems to be a permanent attachment to the hose and the swivel seems to be a part of it. How does it come off? Should I just take the hose to a shop and have it done maybe?
Thanks guys.

/ Leak-is it fixable? #5  
You can't take the fitting off the hose...the part the wrench is on gets unscrewed from the fitting to the right of the wrench(use another wrench to hold it from turning). Take the whole hose to a local shop and have a new one made.

/ Leak-is it fixable? #6  
that long grey end is the crimp sleave.. and yes.. for the moment it's a permanent part of the hose, and integral tot he swivel end, as an assembly.. the store will use a hose cutter and lop that end off, and if there is enough slack, slide a new end on and recrimp.. or if not enough slack.. cut a lil more off and add a small extension hose as JJ said.. that or.. depending on the price of the original hose and length.. it may be cheaper to buy a new hose of the correct length.. vs buying 3 new fittings and a 1' piece of hose... your call.. your wallet.. most hose is sold by the foot.. and the fittings will have an individual cost.. if the cost of 3 fittings, plus shop charge to crimp on, and cut old off and the 1' of hose is more than just 2 ends and new hose.. or a premade hose of correct length.. then go for it..

soundguy

/ Leak-is it fixable?
I think I found that the problem was much easier to fix than having to replace anything. I should have turned some wrenches before I guess.
I put a wrench on the first "nut", closest to the leak, then on the next "nut" out, this connection was loose. I tightened it up and started the tractor, no leak! Now I just need to put some new fluid in and make sure that was all the problem was.
Thanks everyone for your advice.
Patrick