Tractor
    Kubota L35

Default Hydraulic control for Grapple

I would like to purchase a Root Grapple for my kubota L35.

The company I am considering purchasing this through is telling me not to purchase the specific Grapple hydraulic control, the solenoid opperated valve set up that converts the bucket joy stick to the Grapple control with a push of a button and instead use one of my 3 spool control valves for the scrapper specifically the ripper control.

I have never had or used a Grapple before and would like to get comments from those who have. Is getting the traditional Grapple control worth it or should I just use one of the 3 spool controls?

Your right hand can only be at one place at a time, so I am thinking that being able to go back and forth between Grapple control and Bucket control without moving your hand would be the best way to go.

How awkward is it to use the 3 spool control for the Scrapper to control the Grapple?

I am looking at the Gearmore Grapple...anyone have a better idea?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    318 John Deere, 4200 John Deere, 1947 John Deere "M"

Default Re: Hydraulic control for Grapple

Welcolm to the board! I'm not familiar with your kubota, but opted for the solinoid switching of my curl circuit with a button on top of the joystick. I find it very comfortable to use! See attach thread for photos! ~Scotty

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...-beast-ii.html

PS- That said, if you've already got 3rd SCV ports ready to go, that's the cheaper option, for sure! ~S

Tractor
    John Deere 4110

Default Re: Hydraulic control for Grapple

TONS of info if you search terms like these:

grapple
    3rd function
    diverter
    WR Long
    4n1

The WR Long kit would be real nice on your machine-it will cost about $600 or so and includes everything needed for installation.
    John Deere 4110HST
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks, I-Match, Ballast Box, #380 plow (modified to fit), Markham LD-48 Grapple, Trac-Vac 854 and lots of other STUFF.

John Deere 4x2 Turf Gator

View some of my projects/adventures in my Picasa Album

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE