FEL Hydraulic Control 3rd Line connection??

/ FEL Hydraulic Control 3rd Line connection??
Rather then to eddit my last post and have you re-read it, I would like to note that when I had eliminated the PB from the valve and had the return line connected directly to the this port i also had removed the top 3rd line and had thisport capped off, and the FEL did in fact work correctly while spraying fluid everywhere, LOL I told the the tractor tech that this was the way i was told to do it, is when he disputed the other man and told me he coulod not let me hook it up that way, i showed him it was working ,but his explanation was because the Pump was cracked and had way to realease pressure , Hmmm? so i reconnect everything his way, he certainly knew more than I ......after all i was the one that bust the last pump... :cool:

You cannot simply remove the PB hose and cap the line.

No certainly not!
if i were to remove the PB I was asking if I could re-connect the return line back directly into this port from which i had removed the PB, not at all cap off any lines, I think I was asking of capping off the the top port from which the 3rd line were to be removed, the 3rd line is the rubber hose that goes to the back of the tractor and dumps into the fill hole for now, there serves no purpose other then to be in the way,

/ FEL Hydraulic Control 3rd Line connection?? #13  
One more time now. Remove the PB sleeve. You have now opened the chamber between the tank port, and the PB port. They are now one and the same. The correct way is to purchase a new plug for the PB port, and install it. The hose on the T port should go to tank.

This is an option. Remove the PB sleeve. Remove the T=tank top return hose and install it in the PB port. Now Plug the T port. I am only saying this , because you want to use the tank return hose because it goes to the tank.

Apparently you only have a relief valve for the work ports, and that is OK, as long as you don't block the fluid from flowing in the normal path.

Another good bit of advise is about QD's, if a QD were to come loose while the pump is running, bad things will happen. Some good advise would be to put a relief valve across the pump before any other connections. Now, should you dead head, or pop one of the QD's, the pump will be protected.

If you have a manual, note down what you have done, so the next person will have a guide.

Last edited:
   / FEL Hydraulic Control 3rd Line connection?? #14  
Ok Now this sounds to be close to what I have been told before, except for the plugging of the port where the "PB sleeve" will be removed, and this line is in fact the line that now returns back to the tractor return line, the top line "3rd line" in question and I think was told to be called a "dump line" is the one that now runs back and dumps into the fill hole that I would like to remove... it seems both of these lines are used as return lines? could I not simply remove the top "3rd line and plug it? and then remove the PB and connect diretly to the valve port behind the PB sleeve ?.........................

Here is as simple as I can make it:

IF you have the PB sleeve installed-then you NEED both hoses. The PB carries the flow to the next valve in the series (your 3PH). The OUT or T port carries the waste oil from the work ports to the sump(tank, reservoir)

IF you remove the PB sleeve and plug that port, then you ONLY need the OUT or T port connected to the tranny.

/ FEL Hydraulic Control 3rd Line connection?? #15  
kennyd

I think this repeating things from different people is only confusing things.

If you disagree with what I have posted, then, correct that part only.

I've been reading back thru the thread replies and I may have not been clear on some things, I have tried to explain the best I know how, ...
JJ you replied with -->" In the picture, there is a hose connected to the PB port, and I believe there is plug at the other end." ,---

actually the line connected to/at the PB port is the other end from going to the "Hard line" the smaller of the 2 where I cut into and installed the Quick disconnect that returns to the tractor 3 pnt under the seat... I was under the assumption this is the return line,... Not the line coming out of the top port that i'm pointing at on the control valve... the thing I am confused by is the suggestion of plugging off the port where the PB is to be removed and then using the top port as the return line. as I think has been mentioned? when the PB has ben removed this port and the top port are now 1 of the same? there for can I not cap the top off and continue to use the side port as the return line? reason being! I have what I need to cap off the top port and will have to search for a plug to plug off side port, .........
This seems to have become more difficult to explain correctly then I had thought...... please look at the quick drawing i have made and see if this explains things better, this is the way it is hooked up now,
thanks guys, I'm sure I'll understand before later than sooner:eek:

Last edited:
   / FEL Hydraulic Control 3rd Line connection?? #17  
IMO, I would remove the QD's from the pump circuit, and add a relief valve across the pump.

If you want to use the system as drawn, you have to use the T port to reservoir, as this is the only way to remove fluid from the work ports.

With the PB sleeve installed, supply fluid is now blocked from going out the tank port.

The fluid leaving the PB port can continue to the back to whatever, but in this situation, it goes to the 3ph.

When you now use the FEL valve, and operate the cylinders, fluid is routed to the cylinders, and out the tank port. If you are not using the cylinders, there is no fluid gong out the tank port.

/ FEL Hydraulic Control 3rd Line connection?? #18  
kennyd

I think this repeating things from different people is only confusing things.

If you disagree with what I have posted, then, correct that part only.

So you want me to be quiet?

I have not disagreed with anything you wrote, I hardly even read it. I was answering the OP's question the best I could.

/ FEL Hydraulic Control 3rd Line connection?? #19  
deepNdirt

If you remove the hose, attached to the PB sleeve, and remove the sleeve, will that same hose connect back to the PB port? If so, then connect the hose to the PB port.
Remove the tank return hose, and plug the T port.

Now the fluid will exit out the PB port, along with the work ports fluid, and flow back to the 3ph, through a QD. Put the cap back on the reservoir.

Does your FEL valve have a relief valve, if not, you need one somewhere in the pump circuit, preferably before any valve, and QD's.

This will work for you, but is not the way I would do it. I would eliminate the QD's also.

deepNdirt

If you remove the hose, attached to the PB sleeve, and remove the sleeve, will that same hose connect back to the PB port? If so, then connect the hose to the PB port.
Remove the tank return hose, and plug the T port.

Now the fluid will exit out the PB port, along with the work ports fluid, and flow back to the 3ph, through a QD. Put the cap back on the reservoir.
Now I'm hearing something I was told before by one of the tech's :D Yes! this hose will connect directly back to the Port after removing the PB sleeve ,.....this is exactly the way one of the tractor tech men had me to connect the lines, and I did and it did in fact work although at that time the pump was cracked and not sending full power but yet enough that I could see the FEL working correctly....... how ever! the 2nd tech man desputed this way and had me to change and reconnect the PB sleeve and rout all lines as it is currently, ... now we all are on the same page ;)
I needed someone to confirm one way or the other? .........
OK! now does anyone know why I should ( NOT! ) hook it up this way? the only answer I got from the 2nd tech person and is also the person who provide the pump was that if I do connect it without the PB and 3rd return line It will "blow the new pump and he would not warranty it", .. although I'm not sure if this person is a parts salesman or an actual tractor tech person, so i question his comment.
I coudn't see as to how it would with still a full continuous flow in the circuit, but I'm no hylraulic person,:eek:

Does your FEL valve have a relief valve, if not, you need one somewhere in the pump circuit, preferably before any valve, and QD's.

This will work for you, but is not the way I would do it. I would eliminate the QD's also.
I think the remote has a relief valve, I was explained that I could adjust this to give stronger lift power or limit the lift power according to the tractor ability to lift a load? as i said I think! this is waht I wa told this screw is for and also to relief line pressure,

JJ are you suggesting to make a solid connection? My plans are to use this tractor in lightweight landscaping etc,
and having a way to quickly connect and remove the loader, there may even be times when the loader is not necissary to bring along, I do a lot of bushhoging in wood area's thinning of undergrowth etc, and FEL would be in the way for this, is there another method of connecting the loader without using Qd's that would allow an easy removal out in the feild?...........

KENNYd--- Yes please continue to ad anything that might be helpful,
your input is very much appreciated, I think we were going around in circles
because I may not have been very clear to explain what I was told by the 2 tractor tech men, I was looking for someone to back up either one man or the others way of hooking up the lines,;) but instead I learn of 2 other ways to connect them:D

Last edited: