Sir, what hydrualic fluid should I use?

/ Sir, what hydrualic fluid should I use? #1  

hondarider

Bronze Member
I own a Trex TX650 skip loader. Being a newbie, I called the Terex dealer in northern california (RGW Equipment Sales) and talked to a very nice gentleman to find out what type of hydraulic fluid should I use?

He told me to go ahead and use any 10w motor oil.
He also told me to use 10w oil for the brake fluid also.

Should I laugh or cry?:eek:

/ Sir, what hydrualic fluid should I use? #2  
A lot of machines use lightweight engine oil in their hydraulic systems. Do you have a reason to doubt what they told you?

/ Sir, what hydrualic fluid should I use? #3  
Should I laugh or cry?

No, you should thank him.

Power-Trac machines use 10W-40 motor oil for the hydraulics, and my Case skid loader uses the same, with a quart of Case additive. Use whatever the manufacturer said. 10W-40 motor oil is the same anywhere in the country and is readily available.

/ Sir, what hydrualic fluid should I use? #4  
I think you should be cautious enough to find and ask another Terex dealer, but the 10W oil does not sound all that far-fetched to me. A good detergent oil will keep your system clean and has good heat characteristics. I would also ask one of those Terex dealers where I might obtain an Operator's Manual so you don't have to guess at issues like this in the future.

/ Sir, what hydrualic fluid should I use?
Which is cheaper, a 5 gallon 10w oil or 5 gallon generic hydraulic fuild? :D

/ Sir, what hydrualic fluid should I use? #6  
About the same price. My tractor called for strait 30W motor oil in the hydraulics. I did not like how slow it was in the winter so I switched over to a 20W hydro oil, AW64 or something like that.

Chris

/ Sir, what hydrualic fluid should I use?
Would 5W motor oil be okay for hydraulics and brakes?

/ Sir, what hydrualic fluid should I use? #8  
Depending on where you live, whether the 10W - 40 motor oil would work. If that is what the dealer said, then I would use his advise. You can find that oil just about anywhere.

/ Sir, what hydrualic fluid should I use? #9  
Should I laugh or cry?

No, you should thank him.

Power-Trac machines use 10W-40 motor oil for the hydraulics, and my Case skid loader uses the same, with a quart of Case additive. Use whatever the manufacturer said. 10W-40 motor oil is the same anywhere in the country and is readily available.

Yes you should use reg. 10w-40 motor oil for that because it is almost the best stuff you can get.

/ Sir, what hydrualic fluid should I use? #10  
I own a Trex TX650 skip loader. Being a newbie, I called the Terex dealer in northern california (RGW Equipment Sales) and talked to a very nice gentleman to find out what type of hydraulic fluid should I use?

He told me to go ahead and use any 10w motor oil.
He also told me to use 10w oil for the brake fluid also.

Should I laugh or cry?:eek:

I would keep it all the same