Info needed about this pump

/ Info needed about this pump #1  

CaribooHarry

I bought this pump but have no info about its manufacture, capacity, rotation, pressures etc, and no hoses or gauges to test it. I have turned it by hand and it moves fluid either direction depending on rotation.

There are absolutely no markings on the pump. It is 4.5" x 4.5" x4.5" and the shaft is 7/8 " in diameter. The ports are stuffed with paper towel .

Attachments

• hydra1.jpg
    hydra1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 96
  • hydra2.jpg
    hydra2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 106
   / Info needed about this pump #2  
I bought this pump but have no info about its manufacture, capacity, rotation, pressures etc, and no hoses or gauges to test it. I have turned it by hand and it moves fluid either direction depending on rotation.

There are absolutely no markings on the pump. It is 4.5" x 4.5" x4.5" and the shaft is 7/8 " in diameter. The ports are stuffed with paper towel .

Is one of the ports larger than the other?
By the shape of it, it is probobly a balanced (double sided) vane pump.
Did you open the pump?
There might be some manufacturer ID inside the pump.....

You can also check with this forum, FluidPowerForums, I know there is some salespeople there that might have seen this pump before.....

Good Luck!

/ Info needed about this pump #3  
Welcome to TBN:D

Good luck is right-your going to need it! What do you want to use it for?

/ Info needed about this pump
The ports are both the same size. I haven't opened it, wanted to know more about it before doing so.

I would like to use it to power a small backhoe but would like to know its flow and pressures before investing time and money into the mount, hoses etc.

/ Info needed about this pump #5  
The ports are both the same size. I haven't opened it, wanted to know more about it before doing so.

I would like to use it to power a small backhoe but would like to know its flow and pressures before investing time and money into the mount, hoses etc.

I think you will be better off getting a pump that you know the specs of...there are to many variable with the one you have.

/ Info needed about this pump #6  
You could take it to a hydraulic shop, and they will test it for you, but is it worth it. Hyd shops usually charge about $45 to $65 and hour for service work. They test things like pressure, volume/GPM, and if it is leaking. etc. If it does pass with good results, then you are only out what you paid for the pump, plus testing.

If bad, they might give you an estimate to fix/repair, etc. You now have to compare the cost of rebuild against a new pump, with the same characteristics.

/ Info needed about this pump #7  
It's easy to test capacity rotating by hand, counting the turns, and measuring the output in a graduated bucket. Max pressure is tougher to get without any original apecs.