Regen on single acting cyl.

/ Regen on single acting cyl. #1  

Hooked_on_HP

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1900 FWD Kubota F2100E
I am going to add power angle to the snowplow mounted to my FEL. I want to use 2 single acting cylinders. I already have the hydraulics for the grapple on the bucket that work on the curl and dump function of the loader. My question is is will the regen function of the loader control effect 2 single acting cylinders.
Bill

/ Regen on single acting cyl. #2  
Short answer is YES it will effect the operation, the plow will only angle one way.

Are you using a diverter on the dump/curl circuit for the grapple?

What tractor do you have? (most machines have a two position dump/curl that allows operation without regen)

/ Regen on single acting cyl. #3  
I've used the loader bucket circuit for my power angle with 2 single-acting cylinders with no problems (open center system).

/ Regen on single acting cyl. #4  
I've used the loader bucket circuit for my power angle with 2 single-acting cylinders with no problems (open center system).

Open Center system has nothing to do with it...the problem is the regenerative function of some (if not most) valves used on late model tractors.

/ Regen on single acting cyl.
I am using a diverter valve. The reason I asked is because when I hooked up the hyd for the grapple it would only work if the hoses one way. If you swiched them it wouldn't work. I guess I will have to use a double acting cyl.
Bill

/ Regen on single acting cyl. #6  
What machine?

DA cylinders in some applications won't work with regen either, because the cylinder needs to be "pushed" back in, thats why it works great for loaders because of the weight of the bucket.

Regen causes lots of problems on snowblower chute rotation cylinders because of this reason, and that's also why your grapple wouldn't work one way.

/ Regen on single acting cyl. #7  
I use the single angling cylinders with the curl circuit (which "Hooked on HP" indicates he wants to do) and have no problem. However, if pushing the joy stick over into "regen" position, then the blade doesn't angle as the regen kicks in. But it doesn't take but a quick second to be reminded of what works and what doesn't. I connect each single acting cylinder directly into the two curl connectors.
This is on a Deere 4300, so may not be the same regen configuration as in question.

/ Regen on single acting cyl. #8  
A regen valve is a special valve with an extra orifice inside the valve to allow the fluid on the rod side to mix with the incoming fluid to add volume, which gives speed. Just don't use the regen part of the valve, which is at the hard stop on the fwd lever. I am not sure a regen valve is supposed to be used with a SA cylinder.

/ Regen on single acting cyl. #9  
This tractor has regen and the cylinders are single action, just dont push the valve all the way over into the regen area and you wont have a problem. If you do push the valve over to far it will cause the cylinders to jump but you wont get any real movement out of em. This front blade is still setting up at the dealer as far as i know if anyone is interested in it. I told him to see if he could sell it and never asked him about it again.

Attachments

• johndeere 004.jpg
    johndeere 004.jpg
    876.5 KB · Views: 129
   / Regen on single acting cyl. #10  
Yes, you can use the regen valve, but why would any one purchase a regen valve not to use it for the intended purpose. It cost more for one thing, and some people will not even know what it is supposed to do , or why it is on that machine. Those valves should have a lock out to prevent anyone from using the regen section.