Hyd motor & Ram in one circuit; How? Help Please

/ Hyd motor & Ram in one circuit; How? Help Please #1  

Hows she now

Hi,
I am building a tractor mounted PTO driven Circular table saw. I am mounting a conventional hydraulic log splitter underneath the saw and would like to fit a hydraulically driven conveyor to handle the split wood.
The tractor is a 70 hp Ford 6610 and has an open centre hydraulic system.
After alot of searching I still can't figure out how to plumb in a circuit for the Conveyor hydraulic motor.
Is it possible to plumb the Splitter ram and motor to the one supply? or do I have to use one spool valve on the tractor to supply the Log splitter Spool valve and another separate spool valve on the tractor to supply a spool valve for the conveyor hydraulic motor?
I have searched through alot of Threads here but can't find a solution.
I would really appreciate any link to a website or help that anyone here can give me.
Thanks for looking.

/ Hyd motor & Ram in one circuit; How? Help Please #2  
Welcome to TBN:D

You will need two separate valve spools to operate that-one capable of operating a DA (dual acting) cylinder and another that will operate the motor (called a "motor spool valve")

/ Hyd motor & Ram in one circuit; How? Help Please #3  
How many different operations are you wanting to do at the same time. Are you building something like a wood processor.

/ Hyd motor & Ram in one circuit; How? Help Please
KennyD,
I don't think its as simple as having two spool valves. What happens when the log splitter valve is in neutral? (The fluid and pressure will return to the tractor back axle, and there will be no pressure for the conveyor motor).
This is the crux of my dilemma.

JJ, Just two operations; Log splitter (double acting ram) and Hydrualic motor for conveyor.

/ Hyd motor & Ram in one circuit; How? Help Please #5  
Why not use a splitter type valve, equal flow, or non equal flow to two valves.The amount of GPM's going to a log splitter will determine the cycle time. Fluid that isn't used by each valve returns to reservoir. The valve below will send a certain amount of flow to a priority circuit, and send the rest of the flow to the other circuit. You need a motor spool valve with detent, and a DA/log splitter valve.

If you look at those wood processors, they have a gang of valves to do about 6 or 7 things. You have to have the GPM's to handle all the flow that all the components will need, without slowing down. All the excess will flow back to reservoir.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009111914450581&item=9-6762-6&catname=hydraulic

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009111914450581&item=9-6762-4R&catname=hydraulic

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009111914450581&item=9-6559-A&catname=hydraulic

/ Hyd motor & Ram in one circuit; How? Help Please #6  
KennyD,
I don't think its as simple as having two spool valves. What happens when the log splitter valve is in neutral? (The fluid and pressure will return to the tractor back axle, and there will be no pressure for the conveyor motor).
This is the crux of my dilemma.

JJ, Just two operations; Log splitter (double acting ram) and Hydrualic motor for conveyor.

It is that simple, you can have 100 valves in the circuit as long as there is enough flow to support them.

You can build a custom Prince 20 Series "stack" valve with one DA spool and one motor spool. You can even add any spool later if you find you need one.

/ Hyd motor & Ram in one circuit; How? Help Please #7  
Do you want your conveyor belt run continiously, and the splitter ram intermittent? Or can you accept belt running intermittent too?

The table saw have to run continiously, it takes to much time to restart due to inertia. That table saw will also need a lot of flow (rpm)....
Btw what diameter and weight saw blade are you trying to use??

Also what is your pump displacement per rev, or flow rating at what RPM???

Agree with J_J, sure looks like you need a flow priority valve....that splits the flow into two circuits.......

/ Hyd motor & Ram in one circuit; How? Help Please #8  
A couple of things here, He said the table saw will run off the PTO shaft. not hydraulic. He probably doesn't have a lot of GPM's. So in order for say the conveyor to run at a constant speed, there has to be a set GPM, however, the conveyor could slow down while splitting, and speed back up when the log is split. He also said he needs two functions, a hyd motor driven conveyor, and the log splitter valve. Sure he can run lots of valves, but where is he going to get the flow. If the pump is 10 GPM, then all functions will have to divide and use what is available. That will also determine the size of hyd motor for the circuit. If for instance, he shuts off the conveyor, the log splitter valve may have enough flow to increase cycle time. The priority valve will insure the units will get equal, or unequal flow, depending on the valve selected. I believe those wood processors use a rather large pump. and engine.

/ Hyd motor & Ram in one circuit; How? Help Please #9  
I don't know his design intentions, but I doubt the conveyor and the splitter ram will be running at the same time. Maybe I am wrong...I guess we all need more info to answer accurately.

/ Hyd motor & Ram in one circuit; How? Help Please #10  
A couple of things here, He said the table saw will run off the PTO shaft. not hydraulic. He probably doesn't have a lot of GPM's. So in order for say the conveyor to run at a constant speed, there has to be a set GPM, however, the conveyor could slow down while splitting, and speed back up when the log is split. He also said he needs two functions, a hyd motor driven conveyor, and the log splitter valve. Sure he can run lots of valves, but where is he going to get the flow. If the pump is 10 GPM, then all functions will have to divide and use what is available. That will also determine the size of hyd motor for the circuit. If for instance, he shuts off the conveyor, the log splitter valve may have enough flow to increase cycle time. The priority valve will insure the units will get equal, or unequal flow, depending on the valve selected. I believe those wood processors use a rather large pump. and engine.

Woops Ok my bad....saw power from PTO...well that is great....I would make the conveyor run when split ram retracts and are in stand-by. That could be fixed with and electric motor valve, and a pressure switch. Low pressure on ram extend, kick conveyor in....
To speed up splitter extend, I would also go with the Sun Hydraulic regenerative valve.