Switchable backhoe controls for Kubota B26 TLB

/ Switchable backhoe controls for Kubota B26 TLB #1  

lhansman

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L45
There are two standard back hoe control patterns referred to as John Deere or Cat controls. All of Kubota's excavator's are switchable between the two patterns, but for some reason Kubota does not make any of their TLB's with switchable controls.

I learned on the John Deer pattern but I have a good friend who would like to rent my B26 for light work on occasion but he is a Cat control guy and can't use the back end of my machine. I have experimented with switching the hoses on the back hoe valve body to make my machine work with the Cat pattern, but when I get the machine back I then have to switch the hoses back so I can use the back hoe!

My friends full size Cat TLB is switchable between JD and Cat as is his Volvo excavator which I operate for him on occasion. From what I can see, the switching mechanism is just a small valve that changes two of the four functions. I would like to set up some kind of switching mechanism on my B26 so I don't have to keep swapping the hoses. Does anyone have any ideas on how this could be done?

/ Switchable backhoe controls for Kubota B26 TLB #2  
Exactly which functions are switched. You could just go and purchase the switching valve that the others use.

/ Switchable backhoe controls for Kubota B26 TLB #3  
Exactly which functions are switched. You could just go and purchase the switching valve that the others use.

The forward and back motion of one 4 way lever (say left one) changes places with the right one. The sideways motions are the same for either control pattern. Its a matter of swapping 4 hoses. I have gone through this too and wonder if surplus center would have a selector valve that could work.
Ken

/ Switchable backhoe controls for Kubota B26 TLB #4  
Thinking....

/ Switchable backhoe controls for Kubota B26 TLB #5  
   / Switchable backhoe controls for Kubota B26 TLB
I have looked at the valves you proposed JJ but am not sure how they work. I am going to try a local hydraulics shop and see if they have some ideas.