V-Snowplow Blade & CUT, Workable?

/ V-Snowplow Blade & CUT, Workable? #1  

TBDonnelly

Veteran Member
In the palm of Michigan's Lower Peninsula
Tractor
Kioti CK30HST, KL130 FEL, turf tires
Is a front mounted 6 foot V-plow workable (weight wise and hydraulic wise) on a Kioti CK30 HST with loader valve. From what I'm told it's a self contained system that requires a battery hook up. Is it doable to hook the hydraulics up through the tractor loader valve? Figuring the plow would be tractor frame mounted. The plow had a previous life mounted on a Ford Ranger pickup.

Don

Last edited:
   / V-Snowplow Blade & CUT, Workable? #2  
You would need at least 3 hydraulic circuits to operate a V-plow. The loader valve only has two. But yes, it is doable...

/ V-Snowplow Blade & CUT, Workable?
You would need at least 3 hydraulic circuits to operate a V-plow. The loader valve only has two. But yes, it is doable...

Thanks Kenny, I've been (still) searching past threads. I'm told it's a complete workable system. Is the only issue using it as-is, the size of the alternator on the tractor?

Don

/ V-Snowplow Blade & CUT, Workable? #4  
Powering it from your tractors electrical system could be problematic for sure. Plow's usually draw a lot of current.

Possibly a compromise might be to use the tractors hydraulics to do the lifting but retain the electric part for the angling...I would need more specifics about the plow and your machine to offer more detailed suggestions though.

/ V-Snowplow Blade & CUT, Workable?
Back to the drawing board. 'Sold' today before I got to see it(was just posted yesterday evening). I thought it sounded like a good deal. 'Tis the season here. Although this big storm passing through went just North of us, all we got was a dusting of snow.

Don