Ag king 3040 hydraulic system does not work

/ Ag king 3040 hydraulic system does not work #1  

waldron

I posted earlier. I may have not been clear. My hydraulic line blow off the hydraulic pump. the pump continued to spray fliud out until I could get on a flat area of my mountain road for about 25 feet. I was removing 18 inches of snow and 3 inches of ice. I replaced the hydraulic line. by mistake I replace a gallon of gear oil 80-90 instead of hydraulic fluid. Since the pump was spraying it out, I assumed it was an out line.

If I have an air lock, how do I get it out?
by mixing a gallon of 80-90 gear into 5 gallons of hydraulic fliud did I clog up the hydraulic system?
How can I tell if the Hydraulic pump is working?
does any one have any step by step suggestions for me to do to get the hydraulic system working for the front loader and 3 point hitch?

/ Ag king 3040 hydraulic system does not work #2  
I posted earlier. I may have not been clear. My hydraulic line blow off the hydraulic pump.
Did you read the replies on your first posting?
If I have an air lock, how do I get it out?
As I aid on your previous post, it is usually not a problem on pressurized side of the system, trapped air will get pushed out by the pressure thru seals and fittings.....It might sound strange but an oil seal wont hold back air...."air viscosity" is too low ;)
by mixing a gallon of 80-90 gear into 5 gallons of hydraulic fliud did I clog up the hydraulic system?
Depends on what viscosity you are using on the hydraulic fluid. 80-90 will , relatively, thicken a ISO32 more than a ISO46....but I do not think you have to worry about that....if both are mineral oil based, they will be mixable......
How can I tell if the Hydraulic pump is working?
Blow the outlet pressure line, that will indicate...:)...No jok'n....Mount a permanent pressure gauge on the pump outlet line, visble from the cab...pressure will indicate pu,mp IS working, no pressure will not for certain indicate pump is not working, now you need an "inline flow meter", OR some common sense..... squeezing the return line a little, not to much...I said common sense, that will indicate flow by getting pressurized, also some flow noise will be heard
does any one have any step by step suggestions for me to do to get the hydraulic system working for the front loader and 3 point hitch?
Start with checking so all the QD's are connected properly..

/ Ag king 3040 hydraulic system does not work #3  
If it is cold where your tractor is, and I assume it is, the 80w-90 will sink to the bottom of the sump. Your pump probably won't be able to pull the cold gear oil. That's my best guess.

Everything AKKAMAAN says is right on, as usual. Hydraulic seals do a very good job of sealing oil, but not air, it will get forced out.

/ Ag king 3040 hydraulic system does not work #4  
waldron ,

If you want to see the effects of 80-90 gear oil and hyd fluid, fill a mason jar with 1/3 gear oil, and the 2/3 hyd oil and shake it as best you can and let it setup a while. After that, set it up outside and see what the cold does to the mix. One other thing though, I don't think any thing that sucks oil, hyd fluid, etc, will suck from the bottom. They usually suck from 1 to 3 in above the bottom. It is just not a good idea to suck scum off the bottom.

/ Ag king 3040 hydraulic system does not work #5  
waldron ,

If you want to see the effects of 80-90 gear oil and hyd fluid, fill a mason jar with 1/3 gear oil, and the 2/3 hyd oil and shake it as best you can and let it setup a while. After that, set it up outside and see what the cold does to the mix. One other thing though, I don't think any thing that sucks oil, hyd fluid, etc, will suck from the bottom. They usually suck from 1 to 3 in above the bottom. It is just not a good idea to suck scum off the bottom.

Gosh, I'm not doing anything today, maybe I'll have my wife call in sick and we'll get the kids together and give this a try. If we get done in time, maybe we can watch some paint dry too!!

(I couldn't resist, Andy ;) )

/ Ag king 3040 hydraulic system does not work #6  
In my experience a gallon is enough to cover the outlet to the pump in almost any 5 gallon tank.
Yep, time to watch the dough rise. :rolleyes:

/ Ag king 3040 hydraulic system does not work #7  
Kernopelli

Wayne County Hose

Smart a** answers get you nowhere. If you want to play that game, I will jab you every chance I get.

I have plenty of opportunity based on your answers and advice on TBN.

/ Ag king 3040 hydraulic system does not work #8  
Your tractor is a Re-Badged Jinma. The system is a open center system that is common on tractors, nothing special. As for the oil I would drain it. Also check your engine oil. If you blew the hose off the pump you dead headed it and you probably also blew the seal on the pump input shaft. This will allow hydro oil to be pumped into the engine oil sump overfilling and thinning it out.

Dead heading a pump is common on Chinese tractors. The problem is the Quick Connects are poor quality and come apart easily and the only pressure relief is in the valve for the FEL. The quick connects in question are between the pump and the FEL.

You really need to post this in the Chinese Tractors section. You will get help by dealers there that know the plumbing. Not that the info given has not been good but not specific to your tractor. I would say 90% of the people who own Chinese tractor have either switched out the Quick Connects to 1/2" swivel fittings as I have done or to a quality QC such as Pioneer.

Worst case is you destroyed the pump and seal. To fix you will need to replace the pump and seal. Change the hydro oil and engine oil to get the contaminates out, and remove and replace the junk QC with swivel fittings or new high quality QC's

Post in Chinese tractors to get the help and parts you need. You are not the first one this has happened too.

Chris

/ Ag king 3040 hydraulic system does not work #9  
Kernopelli

Wayne County Hose

Smart a** answers get you nowhere. If you want to play that game, I will jab you every chance I get.

I have plenty of opportunity based on your answers and advice on TBN.

Ummm, you have been! And it is very obvious!