Replacing Hyd. Hose to Lift Cylinder

/ Replacing Hyd. Hose to Lift Cylinder #1  

Skinnyman

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
I will be replacing a leaking fitting to the lift cylinder for the FEL Monday as soon as the local hydraulic shop opens. After I re-attach the line and top off hydraulic fluid, is there anything else I need to do. Does the system require any sort of bleeding?

/ Replacing Hyd. Hose to Lift Cylinder #2  
No, the air should be purged from the system after cycling the FEL valve several times.

/ Replacing Hyd. Hose to Lift Cylinder #4  
I would ask the shop if they clean the hose after assembly. If not, don't make an issue of it, tell them you were just wondering if it is necessary. Then, go home and run some water through it then some compressed air to get the water out.

/ Replacing Hyd. Hose to Lift Cylinder #5  
good advice wayne county hose, right next to our hose machine at work is the air blow gun and we make sure and blow the dust and dirt out after we make a house every time, alot of grit gets in there from the cutting process. on big hoses, like suction hose, often i will push a balled up rag thru with air to get it cleaner

/ Replacing Hyd. Hose to Lift Cylinder #6  
good advice wayne county hose, right next to our hose machine at work is the air blow gun and we make sure and blow the dust and dirt out after we make a house every time, alot of grit gets in there from the cutting process. on big hoses, like suction hose, often i will push a balled up rag thru with air to get it cleaner

Mark, compressed air isn't enough. When I make a hose, I blow a foam plug through the hose, both ways. Check these guys out. www.ultraclean.com. If you take a freshly made hose and blow it out with air, then pump oil from a new 55 gallon drum of oil into a clean drum, the second drum will fail any manufacturers test for cleanliness. Basically, it would be considered waste oil. After using the ultra clean system, this is not the case. You would be shocked to see what comes out of a freshly made hose.

/ Replacing Hyd. Hose to Lift Cylinder #7  
I usually just hook the power end up leave the other end loose and waste a quart or 2 of the oil in to a container to flush them out.

tom

/ Replacing Hyd. Hose to Lift Cylinder #8  
Useless info of the day:
Specs for aviation hoses called for specific sized balls to be passes thru in order to assure no obstructions, always a tad smaller than the hose ID. Basically a drop test.
Also burst tests were required.

/ Replacing Hyd. Hose to Lift Cylinder #9  
I usually just hook the power end up leave the other end loose and waste a quart or 2 of the oil in to a container to flush them out.

tom

This is about as good a cleaning as you could ask for. How about someone that installs a new hose do this and post a pic of all the garbage in the container?

/ Replacing Hyd. Hose to Lift Cylinder #10  
hmm i guess maybe i will have to be more thourough in my cleaning, thats all we ever did at work and we make hundreds of hoses a year and never had a problem. actaly right on the instructions that came with our hose crimp machine thats how they tell ya to do it!